Question of the Day, Saturday 1/13/24

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really cannot believe this month is half over! I seem to have just gotten my Christmas Decorations put away!

My question is: If you decorate for Christmas any December holiday; how long do you keep the decorations up?
If you do not decorate for December, then do you have any seasonal decorations still up?

For me, I took the last of them down about 10 days ago. I do have Winter wall hanging, on my apartment door. A couple of penguins
saying: "Warm and Toasty"!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Normally, I decorate the kitchen for Christmas in November and everything stays up until right around New Year's. The Winterberry stuff stays up until mid-Feb or so. Christmas tree and such stays up until right around the New Year as well.

Rick just went out yesterday and took the outside lights down. He brought Santa inside and took Frosty outside; he'll stay out until sometime around the end of February.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Christmas, usually around January 5, the traditional or original end to 12 days of Christmas.

All other yearly holiday decorations are usually brought down more quickly, often the day after or couple days after :)

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't decorate any more, it's too much trouble to put them up just to take them down, and it's just us two and the cats. And the last time I tried to put up an artifical tree Austin was trying to eat the needles.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I decorate more for the season than the holiday except Halloween. That way I can leave any decorations I want up longer. However, I display all my Xmas and holiday cards on a bench which Carleton loves to knock down. :biggrin:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Work decorations go up either Thanksgiving night, or the day after Thanksgiving and come down the first week of the new year. This year at home, things went up Christmas Eve afternoon (some of the decorations were a sentimental surprise for my Mom who came to dinner that night) and I just took them all down last weekend.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just took down my outside things yesterday except the lights on the house. I need DH for that and its very windy today.

I only ever take our inside things down before January 6th if we are celebrating DD’s birthday early. I need to do the inside now but I’m not rushing. I would probably procrastinate more but DH needs to prep the garage for our annual pest inspection and the totes and boxes are in the way. Hopefully I’ll get stuff done this weekend with some help. I’m enjoying the lights at night still though.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of winter or seasonal decorating being a thing here - the seasons just aren't that marked and winter isn't anywhere near as severe as in parts of the northern hemisphere. I haven't owned Christmas decorations for years, probably about three house moves ago.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually will keep it up as long as I can, but this year I took everything down around January 6th because I was also cleaning my living room so I figured I'd take everything down at the same time.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do decorate some time after Thanksgiving but I take them down a few days after Christmas. I love to set out the Spring and summer things - some of my favorite glass and pottery pieces.