Question Of The Day - Monday, September 30, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it really already the last day of September!? This month has flown by!!

What is one trend you hope to never see revived or wish hadn't?

For me right now; it's the scrunchies.:fear: :cringe: Those were the thing when I was in the 6th grade or so. I was awkward and ridiculous and I have ZERO interest in reviving my hairdos from those days. :headshake: :lol2: I found out yesterday that the thing to do among teens is for girls to give their scrunchie to the boy they like or are dating. :rolleyes3: So now boys are collecting scrunchies and their mothers are ranting. :flail: I'm SO glad my kids are still too young for this. I never really like trends anyway. Good thing I'm too old to have to keep up. Although maybe that would help kill the trend if every woman over 35 got into it? :redtongue:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't like the shorter shirt length for women. I remember when that was the trend always having trouble finding shirts that didn't ride up everytime I moved my arms. Plus I have a longer torso so I'd often end up with shirts that didn't even teach my jeans. Just annoying because it traveled through all of the clothing so it was really hard to find shirts that actually fit the way I like without sizing up and even then they'd sometimes still be short. It wouldn't have been bad if at least some stores still carried more traditional length shirts but it seemed like everyone went to shorter cuts.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For me right now; it's the scrunchies.:fear: :cringe: Those were the thing when I was in the 6th grade or so. I was awkward and ridiculous and I have ZERO interest in reviving my hairdos from those days. :headshake: :lol2: I found out yesterday that the thing to do among teens is for girls to give their scrunchie to the boy they like or are dating. :rolleyes3: So now boys are collecting scrunchies and their mothers are ranting. :flail: I'm SO glad my kids are still too young for this. I never really like trends anyway. Good thing I'm too old to have to keep up. Although maybe that would help kill the trend if every woman over 35 got into it?
My niece is right in the middle of the Vsco trend right now (she's 11). I was shopping with her the other day and she really liked a scrunchie. Luckily she cut her hair shoulder length for the summer and darn there just isn't enough to put into a scrunchie. She said her friends were telling her she would look really cute with a small one for just a partially ponytail..... Yeah, Auntie didn't go for it. She does have the metal water bottle with tons of stickers all over it. She has braces so she uses straws and the metal ones are too cold; so she is missing that part of the trend too.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People talking in text speak. I hear it a lot nowadays, e.g. someone will say "omg!" outloud and it really grinds my gears! You're not on a phone, so there's no need to shorten your words.
And the old way to text on flip phones. Sending a simple message took 20 minutes, and using all the shortened words. "R U goin 2 b there?" Sorry, I don't speak bingo.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the old way to text on flip phones. Sending a simple message took 20 minutes, and using all the shortened words. "R U goin 2 b there?" Sorry, I don't speak bingo.
I hate when people used shortened words in texts. I have a coworker who does that and I had no idea what she sent me one day because I couldn't decipher it. I almost always write full sentences with appropriate punctuation in all of my texts. I even use semicolons!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Leg warmers and boy, did I wear them, had many different colors, they kept my legs so warm, but I was into my Flashdance phase, also wearing off one shoulder short sweatshirts. Actually I would love he return of Disco clubs.

arethas mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Leg warmers and boy, did I wear them, had many different colors, they kept my legs so warm, but I was into my Flashdance phase, also wearing off one shoulder short sweatshirts. Actually I would love he return of Disco clubs.
That was a great movie!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like the shorter shirt length for women. I remember when that was the trend always having trouble finding shirts that didn't ride up everytime I moved my arms. Plus I have a longer torso so I'd often end up with shirts that didn't even teach my jeans. Just annoying because it traveled through all of the clothing so it was really hard to find shirts that actually fit the way I like without sizing up and even then they'd sometimes still be short. It wouldn't have been bad if at least some stores still carried more traditional length shirts but it seemed like everyone went to shorter cuts.
Oh I don't like those either. If you are thin it's one thing; but they look awful on anyone with a gut. :cringe: I noticed kids can show midriffs in school now. That was a big no-no back when I was in high school. I do find it amusing that my BFF's 16 year old is wearing the same style we did back then. :lol2:
Disco nightclubs... "YIKES!!!" :eek:
That's a thing again!? :paranoid:
Shoulder pads in women’s clothing. I remember shoulder pads coming loose and you would look down to see a third boob popping out on your chest.
:flail: Oh I remember having some dresses and blouses with shoulder pads right around the age my friends and I were all starting to wear bras. Sooo embarrassing!! Because someone could have accused us of trying to pad our training bras. :flail: I agree with you 100% on this one! They were annoying.
The original mullet hairstyle - ewwwww! :rolleyes:
:fear: I don't care how popular it might get; my children would be forbidden. :smash:
:beerchug: (Don't we have a high 5 smiley? I can't find it right now...)
I hate when people used shortened words in texts. I have a coworker who does that and I had no idea what she sent me one day because I couldn't decipher it. I almost always write full sentences with appropriate punctuation in all of my texts. I even use semicolons!
Every now and then I might use one abbreviation if I'm in a hurry or skip some punctuation. But in general I won't. It feels too lazy.
I wear a scrunchie all the time. How else are you going to pull your hair back without something pulling it out.
Summers in AZ, you need your hair off your neck. Ponytails are easy.
I use regular hair elastics. I prefer the "fatter" kind to the thinner ones. They seem better in DD's hair too.
DD had baby leg warmers. :lol2: They were SO cute. And functional. But I won't be wearing any anytime soon. :crazy:
Spandex as fashion.
:beerchug: I won't even wear it as exercise apparel. :lol:
That was a great movie!!
I don't remember the movie but man I spent hours of my childhood dancing to the soundtrack. And making my family watch. :paperbag:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use regular hair elastics. I prefer the "fatter" kind to the thinner ones. They seem better in DD's hair too.
I tried those and I get a handful of hair when I take them out. I doesn't matter how carefully I try to take it out.