Question Of The Day - Monday, September 2, 2019

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The leukospermum has such leathery leaves it must be some kind kind of succulent. Most unusual. I had no idea you can take cuttings from an impatiens. I had one in a hanging pot just like yours a couple of years ago. Love those little rosette flowers.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's the end of Juku season. Juku is a Japanese tradition, a kind of cram school used to torture children and keep teachers busy all through the summer. It's all over now, so the kids get to go back to regular school and I get my first day off for a month!

:bliss:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The leukospermum has such leathery leaves it must be some kind kind of succulent.
No, not at all a succulent.. it's from the Proteaceae family (Protea, Banksia etc). They need really poor soil and dryness (mine is very sandy). My bush is a very large, healthy one.. this is about half its size, next to a very tall olive tree. The flowers look amazing when they all come out.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, mani mani Such beautiful pictures!

I'm not much of a fall person overall because I know what follows fall and it ain't pretty. But this year, I'm looking forward to decreased humidity and some cooler temps. This past summer has been somewhat ridiculous and I normally love summer. I think it's more so the humidity than the temperatures.

There's a lot of outside work to be done to get things in order for winter. We're closing the pool this week. I'm going to start trimming and cutting plants down in the flowerbeds this week.

I will become a football widow within the next week or so.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your favorite thing about September?
Apart from the colors on the trees, there's nothing good about September.
Days are much shorter and will get even shorter soon.
Low temperatures (keep in mind that for me 65°F is the lowest temperature I can bear!).
And Christmas is only 3 months away!!! :fear::help:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, mani mani Such beautiful pictures!

I'm not much of a fall person overall because I know what follows fall and it ain't pretty. But this year, I'm looking forward to decreased humidity and some cooler temps. This past summer has been somewhat ridiculous and I normally love summer. I think it's more so the humidity than the temperatures.

There's a lot of outside work to be done to get things in order for winter. We're closing the pool this week. I'm going to start trimming and cutting plants down in the flowerbeds this week.

I will become a football widow within the next week or so.
I agree. I never liked fall when I lived up north because that means winter is on the way. I loathe winter.

I also hated fall because all those "lovely changing colors" ended up on the lawn and needed to be raked up. :rolleyes3:

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not at all a succulent.. it's from the Proteaceae family (Protea, Banksia etc). They need really poor soil and dryness (mine is very sandy). My bush is a very large, healthy one.. this is about half its size, next to a very tall olive tree. The flowers look amazing when they all come out.
I've got dry, poor soil in some places. Alkaline, too. Hope this plant gets introduced here.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not a fan of September, because by the time it arrives, days are already very noticeably shorter and temps are getting cooler, therefore every day is a reminder that winter is not that far away. :cold:

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here in NC, September means the cooler temperatures will be here soon...but not yet. It is supposed to be 90° here today. But, the evenings are now cooling off into the 60's. At least the electric bill starts to go down.:)

With September arriving, I can start working on Halloween decorating and also start planning the Christmas decorations. I actually have to have some Christmas decorations up before Halloween in order to get everything completed in time for Christmas.