Question of the Day - Monday, October 12, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't plan today as a school holiday; so I'm trying to get a jump on things. Or maybe it can be a last minute holiday... :think::paperbag:

What is your favorite late night snack?

My Grandma loved either a glass of warm milk or a glass of buttermilk before bed. I seem to have picked up the habit of wanting a little something at night too. I try not to indulge or pig out; but if I do, I try to go for dry cereal. I had a box of the Peach Cheerios and they were perfect. Just sweet enough and crunchy. Dry Cinnamon Toast Crunch or dry Cinnamon Chex works too; but it's much sweeter. My other favorite is mostly defrosted frozen berries. Sometimes with some dark chocolate chips thrown in. Sometimes with yogurt. I guess I feel like if I go for something simple like Cheerios; it'll keep me out of things that are more salty or sugary. I don't think I can do the warm milk thing. :lol2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat popcorn a lot in the evenings. I guess I figure it is lower in sugar and calories then a lot of things, but I love it anytime I want a snack. If I could eat anything, I'd most likely go for saltine crackers and a slice of American cheese, another favorite! American cheese is not the same at all when you buy it in the slices in the dairy case. It has to be from the deli and slice your own, it tastes completely different!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really snack late at night. Sometimes I'll have something sweet in the evenings after dinner, but I rarely eat after 9PM.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I eat popcorn a lot in the evenings. I guess I figure it is lower in sugar and calories then a lot of things, but I love it anytime I want a snack. If I could eat anything, I'd most likely go for saltine crackers and a slice of American cheese, another favorite! American cheese is not the same at all when you buy it in the slices in the dairy case. It has to be from the deli and slice your own, it tastes completely different!
Right. American cheese from the deli is much better. The slices wrapped in plastic are awful. I haven't bought American cheese in a while but Boar's Head is our favorite. I prefer white to yellow.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Since we've retired, I'm serving an earlier dinner, usually right around 5:00. And then I really try not to eat anything after 6:00 pm. If I absolutely, positively need something, it will be a bowl of cereal.

When Rick was bowling on Thursday nights, sometimes he would come home with 1/2 dozen donuts from DD. Now that he's bowling on Sunday afternoons, that has stopped. I kind of miss those Thursday night donuts.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really a late night snacker as I don't tend to even be awake to have one anyway. But if I do manage to stay up, a bowl of ice cream always hits the spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grandma would make that as a snack for us once in a while. I haven’t had it in years!

And I agree about deli sliced American vs presliced. This makes me wish I had put a little in our grocery order I’m picking up in a couple hours. I could go for a good grilled cheese with it too. And tomato soup of course. Maybe next week.