Question of the Day - Monday, March 22, 2021

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t made an Easter basket since Sarah’s last Easter but she loved chocolate. A chocolate bunny was always appreciated but where do you start eating it? At the ears, the nose or the little bunny tail? A Godiva bunny is what she liked but she loved Hershey kisses too. Who can turn down a kiss of any kind? I still leave a single kiss every time I go to see her. When I was little my Mother made the most beautiful baskets. More than the candy, I liked the little fuzzy chicks and roosters made with little Pom poms with felt decorations for eyes and beak. Peeps? Nope! Cute but no. Lol

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid I hated the malted milk eggs more than anything in the world. My favorite was a white chocolate bunny my mom would put in my Easter basket every year. :)
We used to get those big bunnies from our grandparents. The problem was that they were made of something that looked like chocolate but tasted horrible. Some dime store cheap fake chocolate probably. We always took a bite of that bunny every year, hoping it might be edible, but it never was. Easter trauma.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never cared for Peeps or the Cadbury Creme Eggs. A lot of candy is too sweet for me now, I prefer a bit of dark chocolate now. I used to get an chocolate covered egg filled with a fruit and nut nougat every year which I liked. I don't see those very often anymore. A few years ago I was in an Anthony Thomas candy store and they had them so I got one, they are too sweet for me now.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the malted Robin's eggs, Cadbury's mini eggs, and jelly beans. I am okay with Peeps, but don't go out of my way to buy them, same with Peanut Butter chocolate Easter candy. What I can't stand is cheap or stale chocolate. Yuck!🤮 No thank you! It's Cadbury, Lindt, Swiss or Belgian for me. I like rich chocolate, not something that has a waxy taste to it. I guess I am a chocolate snob. 🤫 Oh, well.😄

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
chocolate butter eggs from sees candy my mom used to get one for me every easter except for the year she died:(
I'm sorry you no longer have your mother. She sure had good taste in candy. See's is the best. When my nephews were young I would get See's candy for their Easter baskets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Waxy chocolate should be criminal. :smash:

I usually get my kids a Hershey’s chocolate cross. They are peanut free while a lot of others aren’t. I love a good Reece Egg but stay away from them because its hard to have self control. I especially love the small ones frozen! 🤤

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I adore Peeps (actually I prefer the bunnies), except for the pink ones (I think something about the red dye used gives it an odd taste). I do not care for the cheap chocolate bunnies (I'm spoiled ... when I eat chocolate, I go for high end dark chocolate; cheap milk chocolate tastes kind of like chalk).