Question of the Day - Monday, July 3, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happiest belated Canada Day to my neighbors to the north. I hope you are enjoying an extra day off today.

Our new flooring is being installed as I type this. My kids, Mooch and I are prepared to spend the day in my bedroom. I’ve got an old Muppets movie on the tv; The Great Muppet Caper. I havent watched this in ages! But I did love The Muppets as a kid! I still watch The Muppets Christmas Carol every year too.

What were your favorite tv/radio/etc shows as a child?

I loved things like The Muppets, Fragle Rock, and Sesame Street. I remember watching cartoons like Mickey Mouse, Jem & the Holigrams and Rainbow Bright. I’m sure there were others but we didn’t spend that much time in front of the tv.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember the old cartoons like Road Runner, Sylvester and Tweety Bird, and Yogi Bear and his eternal mission to steal a picnic basket. I also watched Lucy reruns, both I Love Lucy and the Lucy Show where she worked as a secretary. The reruns were on weekday mornings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember the old cartoons like Road Runner, Sylvester and Tweety Bird, and Yogi Bear and his eternal mission to steal a picnic basket. I also watched Lucy reruns, both I Love Lucy and the Lucy Show where she worked as a secretary. The reruns were on weekday mornings.
Oh I loved the old Looney Tunes! All of those plus the Jetsons and The Flintstones!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite was My Little Pony! But I watched so many cartoons and also loved things like Jem, Rescue Rangers, Sesame Street, and the Carmen Sandiego game show.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My brother and I watched cartoons when we were kids. Saturday mornings mostly. But when we were sick and Mom let us stay home from school, we watched Hatchy Milatchy, a 2-hour cartoon show through the week.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocko's Modern Life, Maple Town, Doug, Rugrats, and Double Dare for kid's shows. I also watched a lot of Nick @ Nite, so I Love Lucy, Bewitched, The Munsters, Laverne & Shirley, I Dream of Jeannie, and then as a teenager I became obsessed with Who's The Boss? (still one of my favorite shows).

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a young child, I loved The Teletubbies, The Tweenies, Big Cook Little Cook, Come Outside, Fireman Sam and Bob the Builder. As an older child; Horrid Henry, Horrible Histories, the Sarah Jane Adventures, Dead Gorgeous, Good Luck Charlie and Art Attack were my favourites.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When we were really little, we had a library of Goldenbook videos. I can still sing the Huggabunch theme from memory! We also watched Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, Punky Brewster, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Jem and the Holograms, and all those great 80's cartoons that were on back in the day.
When we got older in the early 90's, Nickelodeon was THE channel we watched. When I was 8 or 9, SNICK became the thing to watch on Saturday night. I really liked the Nicktoons like Doug, Rugrats, Ahh! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold (a highly underrated show IMO). Roundhouse and All That were kind of a kids version of SNL/Mad TV with a lot of funny skits, and so was Kenan and Kel who got their spin off from All That. SNICK also had live action sitcoms like Clarissa Explains It All, The Secret World of Alex Mack, and The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Nickelodeon in the early 90's was one of those things that's hard to explain, but if you got to experience it as a kid, you just kind of understand it.