Question of the Day - Monday, December 2, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy first day back to work after a holiday weekend to all you fellow Americans. I wish I could have snapped a picture of my DD's face a few minutes ago. It's rough. Just wait kid. Adulthood is coming. Just wait. 😏

My kids have speaking roles in a play this year. They've been signing with a children's choir for a while. It's a small group but they are so cute. We've been running lines so much I think I might have the play memorized myself by showtime. :lol2:

Have you ever acted on stage?

When i was a teen I was in various skits and plays. But nothing super serious. We had a youth leader at church who loved drama and that was how we got into that. I had speaking rolls but I don't consider myself an actor. I doubt i'd ever pursue a real part in a play. I have a cousin with a masters degree in theater and she is excellent. We are very different people! ;)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in a church play as an angel and I didn't have any lines. I was in another church "walking play" where my best friend and I had the most lines, but we stood behind a box and basically narrated the beginning of the play as people then went on to the next part of the play.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a part in a play, but I put in lots of time backstage when I was in high school. I remember The Swan and All My Sons in particular. My high school did produce some real actors, though - Shirley MacLaine, Warren Beatty, and Sandra Bullock. Never met them, so that's as close to fame as I got.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I played Mr. De Pinna in You Can't Take It with You in college. We did not have a drama department, but we did have a theater funded by a state grant. I'm not sure we were very good. :dunno:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was the normal school plays and such.

When I was a teenager, a group of us got together, dressed as elves, and went to nursing homes and the hospital to sing Christmas carols. After we finished our songs, we'd serve cookies and punch. One of our moms made our elf outfits and we wore tights and little bell slippers, also hand made. Believe it or not, we were a huge hit! I think there were seven of us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never had a part in a play, but I put in lots of time backstage when I was in high school. I remember The Swan and All My Sons in particular. My high school did produce some real actors, though - Shirley MacLaine, Warren Beatty, and Sandra Bullock. Never met them, so that's as close to fame as I got.
My FIL sat alphabetically behind an old time actor in high school. My Grandma was so WOWED when I told her. :lol2: I also told her that DH's grandfather was the principal so I knew he didn't do his work or graduate. I think he may have quit school to give acting a try. She still thought it was pretty neat. I mean I guess it worked out for him. ;)

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was in plays in elementary and high school, but not since. My hubby and 2 of our sons have been in community theater productions for the past several years. I've helped sew costumes, usher, etc, but don't have the urge to be on stage again.