Question of the Day - Monday, December 18, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One week till Christmas!! :runaround: :woohoo::runaround::woohoo:

Do you like seasonal or themed fiction stories?

A few months ago when Amazon had that deal thing going on books I downloaded a bunch of free Christmas stories. I figured I might find some new authors this way (as I have in the past). So far the only ones I've loved have been from authors I already liked. I thought it would be a good way to get in the Christmas spirit; having enjoyed Christmas novellas before. Maybe it's the novella length not developing enough or maybe it's the first person writing style so many people are using now; but I'm not getting into it. :dunno: It could just be that I'm mentally too busy to enjoy things right now too. I've had other books where I went back and enjoyed them much more the second time I read them. Another time an author I LOVE released a book where the main character's mother dies in the first half and it was too close to a death in my own family for me to get through it without skipping chunks.

I remember enjoying other seasonal books before; some summer, some fall, etc. Vacation books can be good too. I guess right now it's just not my time. Maybe next week after things settle down but before the new year starts. :dunno:

Maybe I should try a vacation on the Italian coast type story instead. :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind seasonal fiction stories. I don't actively search them out though. I just read what sounds interesting to me. If it happens to be a holiday book, then so be it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I look for seasonal books for Rick's mom. She really likes Christmas stories. But for me, not really. If it looks interesting, I'll read it.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nopers, I am drawn to whatever book catches my interest at the time. Although to be fair I did read Christmas-themed true crime stories last year :lol: