Question of the Day - Monday, April, 27, 2020

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else remember when once Trivial Pursuit was the biggest thing in party games?
Yes, but I never liked it. What about Spin the Bottle???hahaha I had forgotten about it! Also a drinking game called " Here's to Cardinal Punch for the ? Time....my brother and I did it as kids with an alcohol free drink called Nutrament (supplemental vitamins).

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but I never liked it. What about Spin the Bottle???hahaha I had forgotten about it! Also a drinking game called " Here's to Cardinal Punch for the ? Time....my brother and I did it as kids with an alcohol free drink called Nutrament (supplemental vitamins).
I never played 'spin the bottle' or Twister, and the only drinking game I knew was one in the service. You took a drag on your cigarette, then chugged a bottle of beer and blew the smoke into the empty bottle. Whether or not it had a name I didn't know.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Icebreakers at 9am meetings??? What is that about? Just curious.
My old admin at my school loved to do icebreakers on professional development days. Kind of made sense at the beginning of the school year to get to know new teachers, but we'd all be drinking coffee and eating breakfast and it would be like "we've put you in Minute to Win It teams!" or "your team needs to make a bridge with toothpicks and marshmallows" and we were all like "we just want to eat..."

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My old admin at my school loved to do icebreakers on professional development days. Kind of made sense at the beginning of the school year to get to know new teachers, but we'd all be drinking coffee and eating breakfast and it would be like "we've put you in Minute to Win It teams!" or "your team needs to make a bridge with toothpicks and marshmallows" and we were all like "we just want to eat..."
that's my worst nightmare! I hate even saying "good morning" to people when I get into the office, lol, never mind surprise team-building exercises...

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always loved games. I never played Trivial Pursuit or drinking games but chess, board games of all kinds and cards were a challenge and great with friends. I prefer games that challenge the mind or body over games of chance. I also liked things like Badminton. Anyone remember Hopscotch? I remember a simple children’s birthday party game that took a steady hand but it would be difficult these days to find the parts! You had to stand on a chair and drop cloth pins into a milk bottle. I have never played games at work before! Later on in my life, party games were things like Ping Pong or basketball. I have an old game from my Fathers childhood parties. A lovely Pin the tail on the Donkey. Things have changed a lot. Lol My cats would steal board games pieces now. Then they would challenge me with Hide and Seek!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like board games and card games. I would play them at a party or if a friend wanted to get together.
I don't play them very often though, because I prefer other relaxing activities like watching TV or movies, drinking coffee/red wine/Guinness, chatting, playing with the cats, cooking, music. Games aren't really my first go-to activity, but I could get into it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember a simple children’s birthday party game that took a steady hand but it would be difficult these days to find the parts! You had to stand on a chair and drop cloth pins into a milk bottle.
We did something similar, but my mom had a colander with this plastic grid type lid so it was a bunch of little square holes and we used drinking straws and tried to get it in one of the holes. Harder than it looked!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my favorite party games are some of the newer board games like Say Anything, Joking Hazard, Codenames, then there are the JackBox TV games that I've been playing with my family through video chat since we've been quarantined.