Question of the Day, Late Edition for Saturday February 19, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello, hope your Saturday was good!

For the sake of this question, if the government made you change your first name, what would you choose?

I would choose Layla, after one of my fave songs

What would you choose?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is tricky, I like my name so it's a difficult one. I think I'd have to go with something like Rose or lily because I like flowers. Other than a flower name Fred because my son used to call my hubby little Fred. So I'd be big Fred, hubby is 6 ft 3 I'm 4 ft 10.:lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wanted my name to be Rachel so bad when I was a kid. I am definitely not a Rachel. :lol: But my mom said that was her choice but my dad vetoed it.:lol:

I like my name so I’m not sure what I’d change it to. Maybe Annalise. That was high on my baby list when I was pregnant with DS. Before we knew we were having a boy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Lari is only my nickname, so maybe I'd just make it official, lol. But if that doesn't work.

J got my favorite name, so hm, other names I like are Rosemary, Elizabeth, Gabrielle, Margo. I tend toward old fashioned names, other than Lari, lol. And generally ones with nicknames.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I never liked my first name growing up and I'm still not crazy about it so I'd be open to a lot of other first names if I changed it.
Maybe Nicole, Alexandra, Jacqueline, Danica, etc. No trendy names though. :nono:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, I'd like to give up teh name Karen because of the current connotations :rolleyes2: , but I don't' really have a replacement in mind.
Don't feel bad; my baby sister is also named Karen. Baby? She is 65 years old now.
As for myself, I would pick William. It was good enough for my War of 1812- veteran great-great-great uncle, so it would be good enough for me.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a very narrow demographic and period of time in which Karen was a popular name, which I think is why it got to be shorthand for a certain personality type. Same with Chad.

I'd pick Willow. Maybe I'll even change my name to that eventually anyway. It's the only name I've ever felt drawn to. I don't feel any attachment to my current name, although I don't dislike it either.