Question of the Day, Friday, October 21

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!
 And Happy Friday!  

Question for today: Where do you get your medical prescriptions filled? Do you use a drugstore? WalMart or Target? Or do you use your local supermarket?

We use the CVS drugstore at our Target. We have four prescriptions: two for Rick, one for me, and one for The Beast.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have them filled at Wal Mart (AKA the seventh circle of hell). It's pretty much the only reason I go there unless I need something that I cannot find somewhere else. I try to spend as little time there as humanly possible. 

We have 3 prescriptions. 2 for me and 1 for DD. 

I go there for the 32 count pack of Friskies poultry pates. They have a better price than Petsmart and even if they didn't, my Petsmart almost NEVER has it. I order it online and go pick it up so I can go in and get out ASAP. Petco does not carry it. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use a drugstore for our (many) prescriptions. At last count, I think we have 14 or so, possibly more....and the vast majority are for me :rolleyes: It's a wonder I don't rattle when I walk :lol3:

The animals' prescriptions come direct from the vet. I've never heard of people getting their pet's medications from a regular 'human' pharmacy over here...even if (like Collie's emergency inhalers) they're identical to the human ones.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a CVS right up the block and it has a drive through which is AWESOME.

The cat's come from the vet or, from a holistic pharmacy nearby that compounds medicines for them. Much easier than pilling.

I used to go to a mom and pop kind of place, old fashioned looking pharmacy but their hours are severely more limited making it inconvenient for me, so I stopped using them.  

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the pharmacy that's close to my house. The dispensing fee is more than places like Walmart but saves driving there.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I use a local pharmacy because it's next to the Trader Joe's I go to all the time. No Rx'es for the kitties at the moment, except their flea meds that I get from 1800petmeds. When we had the older kitties, they got compounded meds which I got from a 'people' pharmacy.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get some of them filled at Harris Teeter (grocery) because they have a program that you can get them free or cheap. Otherwise, I have to go through the mail order pharmacy with my insurance and it costs more from them. One I do go through the mail order, but I only take that one 3 times a week and it's more expensive to get it without going through insurance.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
 Currently I go to Rite-Aid. I used to go to CVS but found them to be so disorganized and kind of rude. The staff was constantly changing. On more than several occasions, they did not bother to contact me to tell me that they did not have a certain medication in stock.. Yes, unbelievable... 

I also had a few occasions when I called in a script at 9 or 10 AM, and by 5 pm, it still was not ready...no excuse, no explanation, nothing..

I finally switched and love the people at my local Rite-Aid..

I get Artie's scripts filled at the specialty hospital.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a mail order pharmacy through my insurance company. I don't have to pay for anything except Celebrex.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use a small, hometown drug store, where they know my name, know about when I'll order refills, have them ready before I call them in, and deliver to my door.  There is something to be said for small towns.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take 3 x Tier 1 drugs daily. If I order them from Optum, which is UHC's mail order service I get them for free. Optum is its own kind of hell, but that's another story. My cats have no meds. If we need Revolution we get it online from Canada.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I primarily use the CVS pharmacy in Target because it's close to my office and I love that they notify you via text message when the script is ready for pick up. Also, the staff at the pharmacy I use are super nice and efficient!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of prescriptions and I get them filled at CVS. They are only two miles from my house. I used to go to the grocery stores to get them filled but two of the grocery stores closed their pharmacy and the Giant got nasty with me when I tried to get a prescription for one of my cats. I reported them and told them I would never ever go back to Giant and I haven't. That was 15 years ago. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always gotten my prescriptions at CVS, not always at the same store depending on where I lived at the time.

I've gotten my previous cat's medicines at CVS: insulin, Flovent a few times before I realized the vet hospital's in-house pharmacy charged less, and maybe one or two other medicines. I remember I got one medicine from a compounding pharmacy. The current two cats have gotten their medicine (when it was needed) from the vet hospital's pharmacy.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
CVS. Mainly because I have to, lol. Well, I could go through mail order like I used to do (the Caremark side of things) but it's too hard when doctors' offices take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to reply to refill requests. So I go through retail.

Back before my company was bought out, I got little prescriptions (antibiotics, etc) filled at Osco, a local drug store attached to Jewel (local grocery store). That had been my pharmacy since I was a little kid.

For the critters, I shop around. Wherever I can get it the cheapest, I get it there. Except for Walmart, I refuse to go there.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Konan Veterinary Clinic.

Happy gets a prescription of eye-drops, but none of the human here take any prescription drugs.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i get my prescriptions filled at the closest wegmans, from their pharmacy. the pharmacy there gives you a beeper thing, so you can go off browsing or shopping in the store while you wait for your prescription to be ready for pick up.

for my cats, it depends. i'll buy the medications from our vet's if the price is reasonable or if it's a one-time only antibiotic. any medications or supplies (such as sub-q fluids and supplies) that any of my cats need on a regular basis, i'll do some looking into online to find the best price. the same is true with supplements for my cats, i find the best price -- but also make sure it's of good quality. flea treatments, i'll only buy from our vet's -- never buy them online or in any store. occasionally, i would have prescriptions for my little snick
filled at a nearby compounding pharmacy that will ship to your home, which was costly -- that was during my girl's hospice care.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walmart for one, & have one at CVS, just because when I needed it, it was closer, & easier. I have a Walmart about 5 miles away, & a CVS less than a mile, maybe 1/2 a mile.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't take any on a regular basis. When we have to get a prescription, we fill it at the drugstore.