question of the day friday october 14th

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having grown up in the northeast,maples are my favorite.I have 2 lovelies in my yard,and it seems like that's what I'm drawn to.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Red and deep orange. We haven't had nice fall colors for a few years (mostly brownish yellows) but I've been noticing a lot more of these colors in the woods and the color just pops!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have lots of ashes here in town. The city planted them everywhere until the Emerald Ash Borer also came to town. Many of them had to be replaced, but the ones that remain are a brilliant yellow, which I love.

I used to have a maple in the backyard that turned a beautiful yellow and orange, but it too sadly had to be cut down. I loved the color of it and used to sit on the deck and just look at it.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tree in my front yard is Clump Birch currently mostly yellow in color. While it's not ugly. A neighbors Red Maple looks stunning.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like it when leaves are that pretty golden yellow on the outer edges and still green in the middle. I'm one of the few that don't really like fall through. It makes me sad that winter is coming.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm late! Kinda like fall here, this year! But...I love the really deep, burnt oranges, and the reds so deep that they are almost burgandy. Unfortunately, here in NC, mostly the leaves wait until almost November, turn yellow for about two hours, go brown, and fall off of the trees. One of the reasons I'll be happy to be back in Chattanooga!