I take a "shath", my word, daily. The times vary. I bathe in very
warm water then shower. I have a hand held shower head which
cleans all my bits and pieces. Soaking in a warm tub helps my pain
and the shower head is massaging.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take both, but mostly showers. I do soak in the tub once & a while w/ebsome salt when my back is really bothering me. Unless I have a Drs appt or something, I usually take my showers in the evening. I'd feel gross getting into bed w/ out washing the day off! Although, since starting my cleaning business over 5 yrs ago, it's more like the late afternoon when I get home. Definitely have to shower after cleaning all morning/afternooon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia We had a fiberglass one-piece tub/shower enclosure when we built the house back in the early 80's. Rick decided to get that out of there and the contractors had to saw the thing into pieces and get it out that way. They installed a Schluter shower and we're so pleased with it: the schluter.com | Homepage I can't recommend it enough.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shower. I just don't think you can get clean enough in the tub. I might take a bath to relax after a regular shower. I never do though.
I like hot tubs! I don't stay in hotels very often though.
Oh, I shower in the morning around 6am unless I'm doing my workout, then switch it to 5pm.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Showers. A bath is gross - just sitting in dirty water. And hot bath is impossible - the water gets cold. It has been years since a bath I like a hot shower in the morning. If I take a shower at night I just don't feel clean in the morning. And I can do a quick shower in 5 minutes.
I have a long term plan to remodel my bathroom. I want to take out the tub, put in a large shower and a tall storage cabinet.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I take a hot shower every morning. It's like what the first cup of coffee is to others--I can't wake up without my shower. I also wash my hair in the shower every morning.

Before bed, I take a hot bath. I suffer from sciatica and insomnia, so a hot, relaxing bath helps me. Plus, I feel dirty. I can't sleep if I feel dirty.

I also use the bath to soften my skin--I put 2 cups of either baking soda or white vinegar in the water. This also helps you if you have sunburn or cuts. Sometimes, I will take a bubble bath in lieu of the baking soda or vinegar.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Shower as I don't have a bath.
But I do have a huge plastic bath size thingy that I use to catch the rainwater that comes off my sailcloths. After rain, I let the sun warm the water, put in some epsom salts and things like rose petals and lavender, and jump in (we're subtropical here). I have a lovely, lush garden so I soak in the sunshine surrounded by nature. It's rather wonderful (if just the tiniest bit eccentric)...