Question of the Day, Friday, May 8

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we lived at my inlaw's farm, we had to redo a few of loads of laundry thanks to the neighbouring farmer spreading pig poo on his fields! OMG, that stuff is nasty. It stinks for miles around and seeps right into your clothes.
I could see that being a problem around here.  Every so often we are downwind enough to get the "odors" from one of the nearby chicken farms.  I wouldn't be able to stand that on my clothing!!  We used to live near a marsh when I was in middle school.  I'm SO glad my mother never insisted on line drying when we lived there!!  That smell would keep me up at night!

I have to put a drying rack up in the living room.  We have no laundry room, only a nook.  When it's nice out we stick the rack outside.  

I have one that climbs the rack too, Samwise does it all the time.  

Cheryl
At our old house we had the rack either in the kitchen or the living room.  Someday my kids will be big enough to use that shower for actual showers; but until then, I'm glad I have that space for the rack!  Even if it is across the house from the laundry closet.  It's not big enough for the rack; even if we didn't have the litter boxes in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When we lived at my inlaw's farm, we had to redo a few of loads of laundry thanks to the neighbouring farmer spreading pig poo on his fields! OMG, that stuff is nasty. It stinks for miles around and seeps right into your clothes.
One of my GFs rarely uses her clothesline for that very reason. Pig is bad, but chicken is even worse. There have been times that we went to her place for dinner on the patio, only to have to move everything into the house, the odor was that bad. There are mornings when I've driving to work and parked in the parking lot. Got out of my car and it was obvious that the local farmers had done some manure spreading. It just reeked. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are cattle and horse farms starting just down the road from us. When the wind is coming from that direction, it can get very ripe  

I use the dryer for a lot of things but for most of my clothes I hang them to dry in the house since most of it is cotton and I don't want them to shrink. 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

One of my GFs rarely uses her clothesline for that very reason. Pig is bad, but chicken is even worse. There have been times that we went to her place for dinner on the patio, only to have to move everything into the house, the odor was that bad. There are mornings when I've driving to work and parked in the parking lot. Got out of my car and it was obvious that the local farmers had done some manure spreading. It just reeked. 
I have to agree. We have several commercial chicken houses around my area and when they clean them a lot of the farmers and land owners around here spread the chicken manure on their fields. Talk about smelling nasty for days.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fluff my clothes in the dryer than hang them up to dry. If I dry them in the dryer I'm afraid they will shrink. I do use the dryer to dry the sheets and towels.