Question Of The Day, Friday, May 4

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Today is Dear Richard's birthday. We both took the day off work to spend some time together. We're going down to the Green Dragon and then hitting the outlets for a bit of shopping before going to Shady Maple for a late lunch/early dinner. My sister and BIL are going with us. Both of their birthdays are also this month, so I'm treating everybody to dinner. Should be a nice day for us.

If anybody is interested: Green Dragon Market & Auction, Ephrata PA in Lancaster County
Farm Market, Smorgasbord, Banquets & Catering - - Shady Maple

So.....my question this morning deals with birthdays: How do you like to spend your birthday? Do you like to go out and party or are you happy staying at home with the cats? Do you go to dinner? What do you do for your birthday?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since my birthday is in a couple of days (Sunday) this is a timely question!

My preference is to be low key. I really don't enjoy having a fuss made over me at all. I begged people at my office NOT to even bring it up.

This year, I told my husband an early movie and dinner would be just fine. We are going into NYC tomorrow for the 2nd year of Cat Camp which is kind of part of the celebration I suppose.

Being as we'll be out of the house most of tomorrow, my birthday will also be spent taking Casper for fluids early in the morning and grocery shopping LOL. Same ole same ole :flail:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very Happy Birthday to Richard. :bday:

Growing up birthdays were a special celebration in our house and we carried on the tradition with our children. As for me, I like to go out for a special dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in the city and see a play, ballet, opera or spend the day at the Botanic Garden. DH on the other hand would rather spend his birthday at home so I make all his favorite recipes. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i always spend my birthday at home with my cats. :cloud9: just enjoying a quiet day together, and not doing overly much in the way of chores. for me, that's my ideal birthday.

i don't bake a cake or other dessert specifically for my birthday, but then i always have some dessert made.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband's birthday is the day before mine and we always go on vacation that week.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , Happy Birthday to Richard and it sounds like an amazing day you will have! Have fun!

Even though my Birthday is around the busy Holiday time at work, what I really have enjoyed is having a piece of my favorite cheesecake, Red Velvet cheesecake and I think watching a favorite old movie is a great, relaxing way to enjoy my Birthday and spoil myself a little.:dunce: Of course, Time spent with Speedy is extra special on a Birthday, too! :party:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy birthday, Richard!

I like to have quiet birthdays with friends. I normally spend my birthdays by having a meal out or a trip up to the city centre.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pass along the birthday wishes to Richard. Hope the four of you have a great time together.

For my birthday, I enjoy a day trip with my husband. That means pick a place to visit no more than a two hour drive and leave home early. I am thinking of a nearby Civil War Museum for my birthday trip this year.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had dinners out with friends up until my 30th birthday and my last birthday was 31 and I can't for the life of me remember what I did. My 32nd birthday is one month from today and I don't have any plans. I don't work on Mondays, so I already have the day off and I think I have a therapy appointment.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday Richard!!!

Usually a special dinner out with my family and dessert. Nothing too big. :)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to watch the Fourth of July fireworks. That's my birthday, and I really get miffed if I am somewhere where there aren't any.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really treat it any differently than any other day. I might buy myself a present. A new bag or something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick says "Thank You!" for the birthday wishes. We did have a nice time; fortunately it only sprinkled a bit, so no umbrellas were necessary. I cannot remember the last time my sister and I laughed so much over not much of anything. It was wonderful. We made a day of it, got home around 7:30 Friday night.

I don't do much for my birthday because it's in January and we usually get snow, so we don't go out to dinner. The last couple of years I made my own birthday dinner and invited friends. I love a good prime rib and it's something we don't indulge in very often. I've started buying a nice roast for my birthday and making that with all the trimmings. Dessert is usually a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting (because my GF's husband expects that and his birthday is about four days after mine). My GF has offered to do the roast, but I always say, "Oh, that's OK! I got it!" Rick says it's a control thing....and it probably is. I want the roast to be perfect and so I have to do it. Like I said, a control thing. We have a nice time.

Happy birthday to everybody, no matter when your birthday falls! :bday::celebrate::dunce::party2::party3::party: