Question of the Day, Friday, May 13

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite salad is the one I make myself. I like to use a mix of spring mix and baby spinach as my base. I realize spring mix has baby spinach already, but I like a bit more than what is in there. Anyway, then I usually chop up a bunch of whatever we have in the house. Celery, carrots, etc.

When I like to get really fancy, I make what I call my "rainbow salad". Has every color of the rainbow! Green from the mix, orange from carrots, red from red pepper (although I'm not a fan of peppers so need to find something else), yellow from apples, purple from purple cabbage, and blue from blueberries. And of course celery and other things. I also like to have hard-boiled eggs in there. Oh yeah! Tomatoes are red, I'm such a dunce sometimes. Ironically, I hardly ever have tomatoes in my salads, not sure why.

And my favorite dressing is my own home-made lemon vinaigrette, yum. Of the bottled kind, I like ranch.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a salad with a lot of stuff in it. Eating out, I like Panera's chicken cobb with avocado salad. But, when I make a salad at home, I just toss a handful of spring mix in a bowl and add dressing. I figure that it's too much trouble to mix everything together so I'll just eat it separately :tongue2:. I like Annie's Goddess dressing best. I guess it's a tahini-based dressing, and I don't actually like tahini, but however they make it, I like it! I also like to put a bit of shredded cheese on top. There are a few bleu cheese dressings I like but I'm fairly picky about salad dressing and it's hard to find one that tastes right. So I stick with Goddess. If Annie's ever stops making it I don't know what I'll do! :lol3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How did I miss this question!? 

We eat salads at least 4 nights a week.  The kids love them!  

My favorite is a good greek salad with feta cheese and kalamata olives.  And nice fresh red onions!  Also pasta salad. 

We've been eating a lot of what I'm calling "Finger Salads" lately because we've been too busy to bother with washing and cutting lettuce in the evenings.  (I always use romaine lettuce.)  So they consist of sliced cucumber, sugar snap peas, sliced orange/red/yellow peppers and these really sweet grape tomatoes I've been finding at the grocery store.  DD eats it wit ha greek cucumber dill dip, DS has no dip and DH and I eat it with hummus.  Super tasty and easy!