question of the day Friday may 12th

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
good afternoon my TCS family ! todays question is : do you like to read cozy mysteries and if so who is your favorite author?
im so far collecting the rita mae brown series

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My favorite author is Kelley Armstrong. I'm not sure if you would consider her cozy? She has some standalone mysterys and series as well.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marta McDowell has a new book coming out in September. Published by Timber Press it is titled "Gardening Can Be Murder." There are chapters about gardening detectives, garden scenes of the crime, means, clues, suspects, mystery writers and their gardens, and more. I just got an early copy and it is as excellent as all of Marta's other books.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
COSY mysteries. You might like Father Brown.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, I wouldn’t call them cosy but you might enjoy the 87th Precinct series. If you read those, definitely start at the beginning.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Caroline Graham (she wrote the stories that Midsomer Murders was based on)
Agatha Christie
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
Anthony Horowitz - the Susan Ryland and the Hawthorn and Horowitz series.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read and reread the Lord Peter Wimsey and Miss Fisher and Corinna Chapman series. Enjoyed the Joe Grey ones for a while (talking cats solving crimes - yes, they were daft). I’ve got the first Mrs Bradley book on order atm. I only learned the other day about the books - I saw Diana Rigg’s TV series when it came out but never knew it was taken from novels.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, actually... there are several sub-genres in cozy mysteries. My favorites are cat themed and culinary themed with recipies. I also collect cookbooks based on cozy mysteries, and there are SEVERAL out there! I think my favorite cat themed author is Shirley Rousseau Murphy (the Joe Grey series), and my favorite culinary is the Tea Shop mysteries by Laura Childs. I have learned SO MUCH about different teas, brewing, and tea party fare!

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
You might like some of the mysteries on Brit Box, which are all based on novels. Some of the plots are quite fluffy, but the scenery is lovely…one minute you‘re in the Shetlands, the next, Provence.