Question Of The Day, Friday, March 9

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

What is your favorite news source? Is it the local or national news on TV? Do you read your local newspaper? Do you watch news shows? Do you check out certain news websites on the internet?

I read our local newspaper everyday. I watch our local news, but will not watch the national news any longer or, if I do, it's usually after about the first 10-15 minutes of the show. Other than sometimes 60 Minutes or a couple minutes only here and there of Rachel Maddow, I stay away from news shows. I do check out some news websites on the internet.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read my MSN homepage. That usually says if there's any breaking news. I look at the weather on there and celebrity news. I also get emails from People and US Weekly to get the latest celebrity news. I watch Dateline, but that's mostly about murder type news.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sirius satellite radio. The only news I won't listen to is the programs where the hosts and guests talk over each other. Once two of more voices are going at the same time,I have to change the channel. NPR has been a consistent voice in my life.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch ABC7 news at 10. One of the meteorologists is either really hit or really miss with her outfits and so it's always fun to see what she's wearing. It's the channel my parents watched when I was growing up, so I just sort of inherited it.

I get my political news from politicus usa. I know it's quite left leaning so there's likely a bias, but eh. Still like it.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find a lot of the North American news here really biased and/or not very good world news coverage, so I tend to stick with some European news.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like to watch most news shows; people talking over each other bothers me. Plus I don't have cable. For websites, because news sites are allowed on my work computer, I start with the local news site to look at the weather forecast, and to see if anything really momentous happened overnight. Then I look up Slate, CNN, Washington Post, and Fox News, then if I have time I'll look at BBC and Circa. Sometimes MSN but I don't like the site layout so not too often.

At night there's 35 minutes between when the 9 o'clock show ends and Colbert begins, during which the local news is on. I'll usually leave the TV on but go do something else, so only half watching it, unless something crazy is going on with the weather so I need to pay attention.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i watch ABC news via their Roku channel, and scan headlines/read news and other articles online mainly through yahoo. i'll usually check out the news briefly, once or twice a day.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch CNN and MSNBC and the NBC Nightly News. I really get tired of Chris Matthews interrupting people. Michael Moore has stopped appearing on his show because Chris won't let him talk. I've been watching Erin Burnett on CNN instead.

I don't read newspapers anymore. My father was a newspaper copy editor, so that's sacrilegious. But Chicago news doesn't really apply to me, and the local papers have little in them. The heyday of newspapers is long gone, I'm afraid.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I check out MSN for the weather. They are surprisingly more accurate than weather underground or the weather channel. I also scan it and if something catches my eye, I will read it. The local paper only puts out news twice a week, and I will go to the website and check it out sometimes.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually watch a combination of MSNBC and Fox News, I don't like getting stuck in an echo chamber. My two favorite shows are the daily Meet the Press that is on at 5 Monday thru Friday and Sixty Minutes. I too quit watching Chris Matthews a long time ago because of his constant interrupting. I like that he does call people on both sides for their B.S. but he is just so annoying with the interrupting.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot my all time favorite for dissecting important stories. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BBC news mainly. I sometimes watch RT which gives a different slant on everything. The Keiser report on there is amusing and interesting.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Primarily tv with my morning cup of coffee, then David Muir World News Tonight on ABC. We only get the Sunday newspaper but I have to admit I read Arts & Entertainment first. :wink:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The online versions of the New York Times and the Guardian, our local newspaper, and national news on TV are my favorites, but I also check out the BBC website and Google News.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly watch BBC News but I also regularly browse my newsfeed on my phone. I don't like tabloid newspapers like the Daily Mail or the Sun, though (even though the website of the Daily Mail does have good photos - they have sloppy reporting).