Question of the Day, Friday, June 29

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, this month has sped right by us! I can't believe we're at the end of June already!

And hot. We're to be in the mid-90s all weekend and, even next week, it's going to be hazy, hot, and humid.

What do you do for dinner when it's so hot that you don't want to cook? Do you grill outside? Use your crock pot? Call for take-out? Head for the nearest restaurant with AC?

We really enjoy grilling outside, although sometimes I'll put the crock pot to work early in the morning so that dinner will be pretty much ready by 6:00 or so. If we plan on grilling, I'll do the meat and marinade early and get it in the fridge. Then I'll throw together any vegetable salad that we want (sans the dressing). Whatever is easy works best for us.

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll just eat something easy from the microwave; tonight I'll probably have spicy Jamaican meat patties.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I've been extremely lazy with dinner lately. I've been using my George Foreman to make cheese quesadilla or a burger or tuna melts

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually sandwiches suffice or fruit, although sometimes, I will nuke soup or some packaged meal. Take away really isn't an option when the closest restaurant is miles away and that applies to eating out as well.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sandwiches,sliced veggies,pasta salads and chef salads are what we usually do.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We either BBQ, order in or go out to a restaurant. Our oven has only been turned on 3-4 times in the past few weeks because it gets way too hot in here with it on. We BBQ almost every night.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It was in the 90s today, and with no air conditioning, using the oven was out of the question. Grilling outside isn't a great solution for us, because the backyard is a flight of stairs away, and somebody has to stay outside in the heat to keep an eye on things. Today the crock pot seemed to be the best idea (lentil stew). Tomorrow will be just as hot, so it'll probably be today's leftovers warmed up in the microwave.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The temp here today was 103*---too hot to grill out, too hot for the oven, really too hot to eat.  I'm content to order a pizza, but it gets a little pricey.  There's been a lot of McDonald's dollar menu lately.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, I'm still cooking with the oven to try to warm the house up; we've had fires in the fireplace most evenings it's just so cold here all the time! Everyone is calling this month "June-uary."

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bulk cook at night time and tend to heat food up overnight.  And pizza anytime i can get it:)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something quick & easy I love is Fish Taco's!  I just buy the Starkist tear open pkt in the Smoked Hickory flavor, put it in a bowl, & heat it up in the microwave.

This way, the oven, is on only a few minutes to heat the taco shells!  The few minutes that's going on, I chop my lettuce, slice an avocado, & pull my veggie cheese, & salsa out of the fridge.  YUM! It's one of my favorites!

A big bowl of Anti-Pesto salad is always good too! 

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually sandwiches -- tuna, chicken salad.  Or a nice big chef's salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.