Question of the Day, Friday, June 14

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!  And Happy TGIF! It's been another long week and I'm ready for the weekend.

It's hot. It's muggy and sticky. We need to cool down.

I know! Let's make ice cream!

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? How do you want yours served? In a dish? With toppings? In a cone? How about a banana split? Or an ice cream sundae?

Give me a dish of chocolate marshmallow ice cream and I'm a happy camper. With chocolate syrup. Life is good.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Freshly made Gelato from our local Gelato shop.

I love the Tiramisu and Hazelnut flavours... and my all time favourite is as an affogatto (a scoop of one flavour topped with freshly made expresso coffee)..  Yum..

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ice cream sandwich at moment but usually a cone that is not overfull with some nuts.  Chocolate preffered.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Peanut butter and chocolate chip in a vanilla base. Usually in a dish or a freshly made waffle cone.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big ice cream fan so I don't know that I have a favorite.  It depends on whether I'm more in the mood for something fruity (so black cherry maybe?) or something chocolately (maybe with brownie bits or peanut butter in it?) or just sweet.  I do like the ones with oreo in them.  Edys has an Apple Pie one out in the fall that is good.

If I go out to somewhere like The Marble Slab (I don't have one near me...) I have to get their cheesecake ice cream with raspberries mixed in; in a waffle bowl.  Now that is good!  They always add plenty of berries!!  We have a Cold Stone near us; but I don't think they carry raspberries.  It's been a while since we've gone.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blue Bell Natural Vanilla Bean flavor. I like it any which way.  This may sound crazy, but occasionally, I use a little drizzle of Lucini extra virgin olive oil and a small sprinkle of sea salt.  It makes it taste like edible flowers or butterscotch.

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Coconut milk ice creams are the best non-dairy ones. My favorite is so delicious GF cookie dough. Yum. I don't eat cones, even though they make GF ones. I like it in a dish or right out of the pint if its been a bad day.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I buy ice cream from the store I always get big waffle cones. I love cookie dough with sprinkles. If I go to a ice cream shop I sometimes get a dilly bar. Love those things.