Question of the Day, Friday, January 6

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!  
 And Happy Friday! 

I hope this is an interesting question this morning:  What is a combination of foods that you enjoy eating together? For example, to do you like to have tomato soup with a toasted cheese sandwich? An easy combination is bacon and eggs (and sometimes with potatoes). Or liver and onions. Anything that you really like to eat together?

With me, it's liver and onions. I can't have liver without eating onions, too. Or chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and it's probably the only time that I drink a glass of milk. There's something about the chocolate, the peanut butter, and milk. When we go to a restaurant and I order a steak, I always order a baked potato; they go together well. 

What's your favorite food combination?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretzels with cheese

Cookies with milk

Soup with oyster crackers

Macaroni & cheese with hot sauce

Hot dogs with sauerkraut (on the side)

Peanut butter with fluff ( on a spoon)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chili with grated cheese on top and crackers.

Pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
tuna sandwich with potato chips

omelette needs cheese

tomato sauce needs cheese!

I need rice in my tomato soup

peanut butter sandwich needs jelly

chocolate cake needs vanilla ice cream

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is easy for me, the 3 C's - chocolate, coffee and carbs!
  (However, I'm trying to cut back on the carbs.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I really like peanut M & Ms in the same bowl with potato chips. Something about the sweet and salty thing, I guess.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate and Wine

Fries and Mayo

Bacon and Eggs

Melted cheese and eggs

Oreo cookies with tea or milk

Tea and Biscotti

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tomato soup with grilled cheese

tomato soup with mac & cheese

tomato soup with rice

brownie with diet coke

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mac & cheese and ketchup, peanut butter sandwich with sweet bread & butter pickle slices in it, grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, peanut butter with (must be) concord grape jelly sandwich, potato salad must have sweet pickle relish in it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

mac & cheese and ketchup, peanut butter sandwich with sweet bread & butter pickle slices in it, grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, peanut butter with (must be) concord grape jelly sandwich, potato salad must have sweet pickle relish
You have good taste in food. I never tried mac & cheese with ketchup but that sounds tasty. I like mac & cheese with tomato soup and the peanut butter sandwich with pickles. 

mykittyjinx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mac & cheese and ketchup, peanut butter sandwich with sweet bread & butter pickle slices in it, grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, peanut butter with (must be) concord grape jelly sandwich, potato salad must have sweet pickle relish in it.
I eat the exact same combos except the peanut butter with sweet bread and pickle slices, I've never tried it but sounds good! I just thought it was funny especially the Concord grape jelly.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat the exact same combos except the peanut butter with sweet bread and pickle slices, I've never tried it but sounds good! I just thought it was funny especially the Concord grape jelly.
peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle slices is truly an excellent combination! 
  ahhh, the concord grape jelly! there really is a big taste difference between grape jelly and concord grape jelly, in my opinion. and i used to like other jellies in my pb & j sandwiches, but not any more. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You have good taste in food. I never tried mac & cheese with ketchup but that sounds tasty. I like mac & cheese with tomato soup and the peanut butter sandwich with pickles. 
thank you! 

i love most tomato based things. i put the ketchup on the mac & cheese before i heat it up in the microwave.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I honestly can't think of any that I have to have off the top of my head.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle slices is truly an excellent combination! 
  ahhh, the concord grape jelly! there really is a big taste difference between grape jelly and concord grape jelly, in my opinion. and i used to like other jellies in my pb & j sandwiches, but not any more. 
I second that on the peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle sandwiches. They have to be the sweet pickles, drained well. This is also good on saltines in a pinch when you realize that there is no bread in the house.