Question of the Day, Friday, January 20

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!
 And Happy Friday! Another long work week is almost finished. 

I had a stress echo test this morning. I have been dreading this thing ever since my doctor scheduled it. I knew what it entailed as I had had one several years ago. It was originally scheduled for last Wednesday (1/11) but because of that darn cold/virus/whatever you want to call it, I had to re-schedule. Which wouldn't have been so bad except that my doctor told me right out that he didn't think I should walk for exercise until I had had the test done. Well, that wasn't going to happen and I kept walking. But then, there was always that little niggling thought in the back of my mind every time I walked, wondering if I really was going to have a heart attack.

Anyway, had the blasted stress/echo  morning and skated right through it with absolutely no trouble. Ultrasounds were fine. EKGs were fine. My heart is sound and my rating was way above Average. They were really impressed.....it's all that walking that I do! So all that worry and stress....over nothing really. (When I got up this morning, I got on the treadmill at home, but only did 2 miles instead of my normal 3. That plus the test gave me my exercise for this morning; the test  was pretty much all uphill and I'm trying to get myself back up to a fairly good incline on the treadmill at home.)

My question for you this morning: Did you ever worry yourself sick over something, only to have it turn it to be absolutely nothing worth getting so stressed out about?

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah. After DH passed away very suddenly, I panicked over any twinge, pain etc. I was like Fred Sanford.

I had to force myself to get a grip and calm down. I had blood work done, a chest x ray and and EKG. I'm fine. Panicking over every little thing never helps and stress is so so bad for you. 

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well. We want you around for a very long time to come. I'm sure Rick, your son, the grands and of course the furkids agree. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to have a heart stress test last year. I have never been so worried about something in my life. Mine was not the exercise test - it was the nuclear stress test where they inject something into you & then take photos. The way they wrote the instructions scared me to death. Yes, these drugs can induce a heart attack. WTH! Once I got there the entire thing was over so quickly & that was the end of my visits to the cardiologist. Didn't like him though & will find someone else if I ever need to go back.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 10 years ago I had a chest xray and was told that I had a spot on my lungs. For about 10 days they could not tell me what was wrong. Since I was a smoker I thought I had lung cancer. Come to find out I had a growth on my adrenal glands which showed up as a spot on my lungs. They told me there was nothing they could do about it but I should keep a eye on it. I have since stopped smoking.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm a natural worrier, must have been born this way. maybe 6 years ago now, someone i know suggested, 'don't worry until there's something to worry about'. that made a lot of sense to me, and i still tell myself that occasionally. my attitude these days is that life is too short to worry about things i have no control over, may never actually happen, or are so unimportant (in the grand scheme of things) that they aren't worth worrying about. i'm a much happier person for not worrying as much. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm a natural worrier, must have been born this way. maybe 6 years ago now, someone i know suggested, 'don't worry until there's something to worry about'. that made a lot of sense to me, and i still tell myself that occasionally. my attitude these days is that life is too short to worry about things i have no control over, may never actually happen, or are so unimportant (in the grand scheme of things) that they aren't worth worrying about. i'm a much happier person for not worrying as much.  :)
I was born worried. Just the other week someone told me "not to trouble trouble". Makes sense & I am trying not to do that.