Question of the Day, Friday December 29, 2023

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and and Happy Weekend

For the sake of the question, you are hosting a New Year Eves party money no object. Would you
have it at home or a venue, restaurant? Would it be large or small?What would
you have to eat?

I would have a very small bash and everyone would dress up
At my house, catered. i would hire a piano player.

menu
appetizers, lots
lobster bisque
prime rib
lobster tail
potatoes Anna
Caesar salad
good wine open bar
dessert cart filled with yummy french pastries

what would you do?

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G4e has an excellent idea.

As for me, if money is no problem, I'll save all the fuss and hold it at a quality restaurant with their best buffet menu (choose what you like).

And I'd keep the number of people down to a close and liked circle, no pretended friendships.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't usually go out for New Years, even when I was younger.

It would be something smaller. Rent out an entire small boutique type hotel. Nice dinner, open bar and a D.J. People could stay there rather than drive after the open bar.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We'd probably have a small gathering at a nice restaurant in town. I like denice denice 's idea of having rooms available for people to stay and there is a restaurant/inn-type that we could do that. Open bar, apps, prime rib with the trimmings. Champagne at midnight.

An elegant breakfast the next morning to send folks on their merry way.

Although I must say that I'd really like to get an invite to Mia6 Mia6 's gathering!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It would be at a nice ethnic restaurant downtown with close friends and family. I'd rent a double decker bus to see the sights and sounds of the city plus New Year's Eve fireworks. 💥 After dinner I'd have an expansive dessert table catered by the restaurant with champagne flowing.🍾

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Close friends and family. There is a mansion less than a mile from my house. The woman who owned it was at one time a famous designer, designing evening gowns for even the wives of presidents. She was really nice. She traveled the world and decorated her house with things she found along the way. I would love to see the inside of the house. It is now an event venue, so it would be doable. I would have a catered meal there. And if you are wondering if I am rich because I live near a mansion, that would be a no. It's an anomaly. :lol:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If money was no object, I'd rent something like the YMCA, hire some door guards to keep drugs/alcohol out, and make it a free for all over night thing for kids and teens (and adults, too)! There's so little for kids and teens to do in our town and I think this would be a lot of fun for everyone, but, IRL money IS an object sadly!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the idea of a waterfront venu with lodging so my guests and I don’t have to be concerned with drunk drivers. I think I would make it a pj party with lots of fun appetizers and comfort foods. We will play silly party games that don’t require much and maybe some board games that give you a challenge.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vegetarian restaurant, I don't like having guests at home, too stressful. Small group of close friends & family. Lunch, dinner is too late. Tim Hortons cappuccino either before or after. Or both. Ha!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have a small get together with a few of my good friends and maybe even do a sleepover with the "Core Four" as I call us (it's me, my sister and two friends who are also sisters and we've known them since 1998). I think it would be fun to play games and also have a babysitter available so nobody has to leave early because of a tired kid. As for food, I'd probably do snack foods, appetizers, that sort of thing. Nothing really specific, maybe pizza.