Question Of The Day, Friday, December 28

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Omg, I love cheese. It's the only thing stopping me from being vegan.
I don't eat a lot of cheese but have tried some of the better vegan cheese and like it very much, e.g. Treeline, Kite Hill and Miyoko are exceptional.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just sampled a 4 year aged Holland Gouda at the independent market :yummy: I bought a small wedge of it to enjoy at home :D

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like most cheese but Colby jack and provolone are my favorite. I’m not a big fan of Bleu or Swiss cheese.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Unfortunately I have an issue, health-wise, with a lot of cheeses, but this one I can do. Luckily it's utterly delicious:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cheese. I love cheese. My favorites are the stronger flavored ones. Sharp provolone, extra sharp cheddar and imported Swiss are some faves. I also love bleu cheese and Roquefort. Love feta too. Publix (our local grocery chain) sells a packaged blend of black & green olives with chunks of feta in olive oil. It's so good. I like the Babybel cheeses especially the Gouda. I like to let them get to room temperature and eat them with Rold Gold mini pretzels (no other brand will do). YUM. The girls (and I) LOVE Boar's Head picante provolone and they will demand some if they know I have it. Munster is good too but not a favorite. When I was a kid, Mom used to buy cheese ends from the deli at the grocery store. They were sold in trays wrapped and were discounted. We would cut them into chunks and have at them. Those were so good. I don't think stores sell them like that anymore. Not by me at least. My favorite way to eat cheese is as is. I love pizza and grilled cheese but they are not my favorites. I could easily move to France and live on bread, cheese and wine.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all cheeses but Roquefort Bleu is my fave. On Carr's crackers or on a burger,
mac and cheese, etc...

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my absolute favorite is the Maytag blue made in the Amana colonies up in Iowa.Outstanding in texture and it's creamy...I could go on!I love it on crackers or made as an ingredient when I make crackers,crumbled in a salad,with grapes as a sweet to go with.Hubby would say it'd have to be a good aged super sharp cheddar,an Irish or English cheddar,and I also have a love for brie.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sampled a Boerenkaas gouda today. So creamy good :yummy: I didn't buy a wedge since I'm still working on the other Gouda I bought last time.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sampled another Gouda yesterday:yummy: There were samples of another cheese that has raisins and nuts in it but I didn't try it.

The store's cheese samples must be new. I don't recall seeing it before. People were swarming around the trays and blocking that part of the aisle, a lot of them taking multiple pieces at a time (for themselves) and later going back for more :nono:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If anyone is interested in discussing favorite cheeses more, I started a thread in the Foodie's Corner forum :) Cheeses