Question of the Day, Friday, December 2

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!
 And Happy Friday! 

This morning, when Ms. Pepe started yowling for her breakfast, we got up and sat there in bed for a couple minutes. Rick said, "Personal Day" just at the same time I said, "Vacation Day". So we both called off work and we're going to go shopping, followed by a late lunch/early dinner out (We have a gift card to Chili's; that's our last one for the year). He called his work, I called my boss (I have absolutely nothing going on at work that needs immediate attention....or I wouldn't take the day off). He's going back to bed until 8:00, and then we're heading out. We have some ideas where we're going. We may not even buy anything, but sometimes it's just nice to do something at the spur of the moment.

So my question to you this morning is: When is the last time you did something spontaneous and what did you do?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night. 

Decided to have a nice dinner out. We made a decision to go to our fav sushi place but 15 minutes before, decided to go to a much fancier place to eat. We had not done that in a while and it was oh so good!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last one I remembered was when I was in Dublin and spontaneously decided to go to Belfast and Northern Ireland overall. Spent time in Belfast and learned so much more about The Troubles, saw the Mountains of Mourne, saw the grave of St Patrick and various beautiful castles. 

Was worth it!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably when I bought my newish flat screen TV. Had decided on an LG 42" from Amazon.com, but jumped out of bed just as I was falling asleep & ordered a 47". Figured nobody ever wished they had a smaller TV.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...well, I'm retired, and living on Social Security, and without a car, so EVERYTHING I do is spontaneous, and NOTHING I do is spontaneous!  Awhile ago, a friend and I got in her car and just drove east down Highway 70, as far as it went.  I can tell you that Highway 70's eastern end is in a dying little fishing hamlet, facing a mud flat, and that the LAST HOUSE before the water has two yard statues, each about 5 feet tall, and hippo and a rhino, I believe...stark white.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, i'm not spontaneous at all! i think the closest i come to spontaneous is when i decide to go ahead and do one or more extra tasks/chores ahead of when i'd planned to do them, just to get them done and off my mind. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend not to be spontaneous too, to my regret. The last thing I did was to put some small vases, really small antique medicine bottles, on the middle of a window instead of doing the housework I had scheduled. It made me feel good and made me remember all the other times I did something spontaneous. I made a mental note to do it again, and not be so rigid.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I decided on the spur of the moment to enter an online auction and bid on a 3 night stay at a retreat/B&B in Mexico.  My bid won--so I'm going to Mexico next spring!  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not very spontaneous these days. I always try to think about the what-ifs? and do-I-really-need-tos?, particularly if it involves spending money.

I didn't use to be like that. I was more of a I-know!-Lets-all-go-to-India! type of girl once.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I decided on the spur of the moment to enter an online auction and bid on a 3 night stay at a retreat/B&B in Mexico.  My bid won--so I'm going to Mexico next spring!  
That's simply awesome! Congratulations!

We had a really nice day, didn't buy much at all really. A variety of pecans and almonds at the Green Dragon. A bit of beef jerky to munch on, also at the Dragon. Hit a large mall, but only bought a couple reindeer for our Christmas tree. Came back, stopped at our local winery for a couple bottles of wine for my sister and BIL's Christmas basket. Had a late lunch/early dinner at Chili's and we were home a little after 5:00. We weren't worried about taking off work as we both got paid for our days off. It was nice and we don't do it very often at all.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't done anything spontaneous in such a long time I forgot what it was. I guess I'm more like my cats, I hate change, and want everything planned out, or I get nervous. I do buy spur of the moment on Amazon, but that is most likely a spending spree.  I'm more OCD than I like, but feel comfortable when everything is planned and in my control. We can't go anywhere for more than overnight, my outside cats come to eat at 4AM and are gone by light, and I have a bully in the house who beats up the others if he doesn't get to stroll around the yard. I can't let food out because of the raccoon's. I'm happy, but my husband complains at times, but now he bought another house to remodel, so he is busy. I have said no more outside cats when these are gone, my oldest feral is going on 10 now, a miracle around here!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

That's simply awesome! Congratulations!

We had a really nice day, didn't buy much at all really. A variety of pecans and almonds at the Green Dragon. A bit of beef jerky to munch on, also at the Dragon. Hit a large mall, but only bought a couple reindeer for our Christmas tree. Came back, stopped at our local winery for a couple bottles of wine for my sister and BIL's Christmas basket. Had a late lunch/early dinner at Chili's and we were home a little after 5:00. We weren't worried about taking off work as we both got paid for our days off. It was nice and we don't do it very often at all.
How fun!