Question Of The Day, Friday, August 9

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

What is your favorite brands of potato chip? What's your favorite brand of pretzels? How about tortilla chips, any special brand you really like?

I love Middleswarth Potato Chips; that being said, however, I think my favorite brand is Utz Salt and Malt Vinegar. I'm a big potato chip fan. My favorite pretzels are Utz Sougdough Hard Pretzels. As for tortilla chips, I'll go with anything Rick wants.

How about you?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wise potato chips. They are perfectly thin and crispy with just the right amount of salt. Not too greasy either. I also love Utz pretzels but Rold Gold are good too. The tiny twists. We don't eat a lot of tortilla chips but I like these from Tostitos

TOSTITOS® Cantina Thin & Crispy | Tostitos

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Wise is my fave but cannot buy them here Kat0121 Kat0121 told me they have a website and I just may splurge and buy a bag.
I like Utz plain or Ridged, Lays; I love chips and am not very picky but I would love to have Wise always.

My fave pretzel is Snyder of Hanover Buttersnap

I like the blue tortilla chips with sesame seeds.

I like to buy a large bag from Casa Del Rio, a Mexican restaurant here,
because they make their own and also make their own salsa. I only
do that once in awhile as a treat.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not a huge chip fan. When I do get them, I like these.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 7.25.49 AM.png

Hubby won't eat them, though. He won't eat anything but good old Lays Classic potato chips. :)

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Lay's potato chips. I don't have a preference when it comes to tortilla chips or pretzels.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salt and Vinegar is my favorite flavor. Any moderately thick but not too thick brand is fine. Kettle, Miss Vickie's, Utz, etc. NOT Lay's or Pringles, ugh.

I also like Sour Cream and Onion. Pringles are OK in this flavor, but ripple chips are better.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Utz, Dark Russet Kettle Classics. Holy moly those are good. I don't eat chips anymore for the most part but I had no self control when I used to buy a bag of those. I never ate an entire bag in one sitting but they certainly didn't make it through a weekend :crackup:

For pretzels I usually buy Rolled Gold but I like lots of other brands as long as they are salted. I don't care what shape they are either, logs, sticks, twists. There's one brand that makes one with the everything topping that's on bagels that I really love, but I can't remember which one it is off hand. I like the sourdough ones too. Again, we don't indulge in chips much anymore.

Tortilla chips are the same. I'm not very picky as long as they are salted. Not big on flavored ones. Might eat a Dorito now and then but prefer plain tortillas and when I have the time, make them fresh at home.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like pretty much any potato chips, but yeah, Utz is great. I've actually seen them at CVS here in SoCal recently and I got all excited because I thought they were just east coast.

Pretzels. I love em all except rold gold. Hard sourdough pretzels from snyder's or anyone, and ESPECIALLY Unique Splits Extra Dark. Now that I just remembered those exist, I'm probably gonna see if I can get them online, because I've never seen them in SoCal.

Tortilla chips, they're all good too. I just love salty snacks. :D

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the rare occasions that I eat potato chips, I get the store brand from ALDI. I don't really care for pretzels or tortilla chips.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone remember Charles Chips? I used to get them in NY many years ago. The chips were in a bag inside a brown can. They were SO good. They don't sell them around here. They sell them online. $26.99 for 1 pound of chips? They do include the shipping. :rolleyes2:

Original Chips

I'll be sticking to Wise chips. :lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only chip I eat covers two in your question. Nacho cheese Doritos.
I don't like pretzels.
The thing I do like to munch on is the cheddar cheese Chex Mix, or Muddy Buddies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pringles are my favorite chips. I don't let myself buy them often. Maybe once or twice a year at the most.

We always get Snyders brand pretzels to snack on during car trips. The style varies. My mother always got pretzel sticks or nuggets because they are crunchy; but my kids enjoy minis or snaps. I like their honey mustard nuggets a lot though. Those are addictive. :lol:

For tortilla chips I like Tostitos lightly salted, hint of lime, or their multigrain chips. We get those for taco salad. :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Lay's potato chips, Tostitos bite size and I don't care that much for pretzels much but I will eat H R Anderson peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets made in P.A.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i rarely eat potato chips, but when i do i prefer kettle chips (Aldi's store brand is fine) or regular or ripple chips. i don't eat tortilla chips often either, but will sometimes buy a bag -- like to use for making taco salads.

i really love pretzels! :cloud9: brand doesn't matter to me, but texture does. i don't like the 'dry' kind, that when bitten into they crumble into almost powder -- Rold Gold. Snyder's and sourdough pretzels are favorites of mine, but i most times will buy Aldi's store brand or what's available here and there via the local produce auction. my favorite shapes are mini pretzels and nuggets.