Question of the Day, Friday, April 23

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
My table is in the dining room. It has a table cloth on it. My kitty jumps on it daily despite being told not to and picked up and placed on the ground. She wants to be near me when I eat. She even scratched up the chairs and table cloth when I was away. Poor baby, she can be very needy at times. :happycat:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitchen is so small,there is no room for a table,so I'm lucky we have a dining room for that.I have a large collection of pretty tablecloths that I don't use unless the kids are here to visit,and even then they might get placemats(but these are special as my dear friend who made quilts also loved weaving and she made these for me-they are treasures!).My cats pretty much have run of the house downstairs so they're everywhere...table,counter.furniture.I don't keep anything on the table unless we're sitting at it...creamer,sugar,salt and pepper,napkins.Oh...and the ashtray(which Donnie thinks is there to supply him with toys:))It is hard for me to be able to keep cat type toys for the kids because of the dogs.Nothing is safe from them and they'll chew up any cat toy they find...except for Donnie's butts,and crumpled paper,the occasional drinking straw or tree leaf that Otter may drag in (he's a long haired doxie and those long curls and whisps do bring in the goodies from outside).What's on it right now?Nothing but the ashtray.And I do have a special cover that hubby made for me to go over the top of the glass top stove.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is your table in your kitchen or do you have a dining room?
Both, but we never eat at the kitchen table. It's super small. It's one of Luna's lookout spots since it's at the slider to the backyard.
Sometimes we eat at the dining room table, if I'm making a special dinner or have company over. But usually we eat in front of the TV

Do you keep a tablecloth on your table?
Nope. I do use placemats, however.

What's on your table right now?
Kitchen: A wicker basket with some odds and ends in it. A box of outdoor lights my husband keeps forgetting about.
Dining Room Table: A bunch of artwork which needs framing. And Luna eating her night snack.

Do your cats ever get on the table?
See above LOL. Yes, all the time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have antique tables in both the kitchen and dining room. My husband refinished both of them so he wants the grain of the wood to show. I only use a tablecloth if we're having company in the dining room otherwise I use placemats on the kitchen table. In the center of the dining room table are two pewter candlesticks and several of my husband's collectibles plus too much of my paperwork. The kitchen table has a Longaberger basket in the center that holds napkins, salt & pepper shaker and some cards. If we don't push our chairs in Carleton will use it to hop up on the table but usually he stays off.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't have a dining room, so the table is in the kitchen. I have 2 placemats running end to end, which work as a runner. And have a metal fruit basket in the middle.

My intent was to have a artificial plant on the table, but Ruby kept jumping up on the table and chewing it. So the plant ended up on an end table in the living room, where Ruby completely ignores it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My house is semi-open concept so the table is in the kitchen/dining/office/school room. We use the table for school every day so its always got things on it. Even the printer right now. We eat in the livingroom most evenings.

Mooch can’t get up on the table but Noodles was always the counter/table surfer. I used to have some table cloths but they wouldn’t work with school so its been a while.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no dining room. My kitchen table has been in my family for over 150 years, oak. It has so much stuff
on it now that it's scandalous.paperwork, books, etc. I usually eat near the kitchen sink. There is an area where
a plate can fit and that way if I spill something I'm near the sink. It works. Weather permitting, I love eating on the deck