Question of the Day, Friday 1 December, 2023

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In general, I have found that a good measure for the taste of a dish is the number of calories contained and the sense of guilt I feel after eating it.

Trying to keep these in check, I often eat fruit for dessert.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well that looks amazing!

It's so hard to pick a favorite food, but mine is probably chicken and dumplings. Such a comfort food really. I make my own and there is effort involved, but it's worth it.

For dessert, anything chocolate!
KittyFriday KittyFriday Homemade chicken and dumplings sound heavenly. Do you have a recipe you like best?
My usual meal is a meat/veg dish. The more simple, the better, and the quicker the clean up, even more better! :lol:
I'm not a huge dessert eater, but someone brought us some triple chocolate muffins at work that were absolutely delicious.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
KittyFriday KittyFriday Homemade chicken and dumplings sound heavenly. Do you have a recipe you like best?
My usual meal is a meat/veg dish. The more simple, the better, and the quicker the clean up, even more better! :lol:
I'm not a huge dessert eater, but someone brought us some triple chocolate muffins at work that were absolutely delicious.
Honestly, I wing it. I bake chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then shred it when it comes out of the oven.

I make dumplings, usually with flour, shortening or butter, and water. Cut the shortening into the flour and add water until it makes a dough. Roll out the dough and cut into squares. Don't be stingy with the flour when rolling out the dough - the more flour that coats the squares, the thicker the "broth" will be.

Then I heat up chicken broth, add in a bit of pepper (maybe I'll experiment with some other spices if I'm feeling adventurous, lol), then drop the squares of dumpling dough into the boiling broth and let them hang out there while the dough cooks and the broth thickens. At the end, add in the shredded chicken.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Honestly, I wing it. I bake chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then shred it when it comes out of the oven.

I make dumplings, usually with flour, shortening or butter, and water. Cut the shortening into the flour and add water until it makes a dough. Roll out the dough and cut into squares. Don't be stingy with the flour when rolling out the dough - the more flour that coats the squares, the thicker the "broth" will be.

Then I heat up chicken broth, add in a bit of pepper (maybe I'll experiment with some other spices if I'm feeling adventurous, lol), then drop the squares of dumpling dough into the boiling broth and let them hang out there while the dough cooks and the broth thickens. At the end, add in the shredded chicken.
Thank you! I think sometimes winging it is really the best way. I may try my hand at this. Wish me luck. (I'll need it. :lol: )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

those sound amazing!!!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to make chicken and dumplings from a cookbook that my mom got for a wedding gift.

My favorite food is probably pizza from a local restaurant. I also love fruit, and chocolate. And vegetables. I have only once met a green bean I didn't like.