Question of the Day - August 7th - Friday

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was working at the second company I worked for, a great little/big software company doing QA testing and support. Jenny was 2 and Jody, a lovely blonde young lady from Salt Lake City, UT, was her nanny (yes, I admit I went the "hire a Mormon nanny" route and they all are just wonderful persons).

We lived in our first house and I loved it and the neighborhood.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20 years ago I was living in the same house that I live in now. DH and I were working on the adoption process, sending tons of letters to different agencies and organizations. Little did we know that our daughter had already been born (in July, 20 years ago), although we wouldn't get her for another 4 years. I remember it as being a very hectic, emotional, nerve-wracking period in my life, but oh man, was it ever worth it.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in college, just moving to New Brunswick, New Jersey, and enjoying life a little to much

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
20 years ago I was 24. Our youngest was 2 and the eldest (my step-son) was 11. Having left work to have the baby, I had just completed a pre-University course and was getting ready to start my Law Degree in October of that year. Massive changes, with a wonderfully supportive husband and children led to the career I have now and contributed to developing me as a person

My husband had also returned to education while working full-time and was doing his Masters degree in the evening. He did this from a standing start (with no batchelors degree) based on his previous experience in the industry. It was tough, but I am so proud that he finally had the qualifications to evidence his skills

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Esme

Looking back, the part I miss most was naptime. Man, I wish adults had mandatory naptime
YES!!!!!!!

I agree one hundred percent! Actually, I'm reaching an age where a nap almost is mandatory, because I'll nod off occasionally whether I lay down to or not.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20 years ago I was 4. I know we lived in Connecticut, but other than that I have no I idea what else I was doing. My parents were starting the process of adopting my brother at the time.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Esme

I was in grammar school, so not too much excitement going on. Looking back, the part I miss most was naptime. Man, I wish adults had mandatory naptime
20 years ago I was 19 and just getting over my first "real" boyfriend. As in...well...nevermind. I was nervous about moving to a "real" college since my first year was spent at a community college (in retrospect I should have sticked with the community college because they are great...at least mine was!).

Oh, and it was about this time of year that I first met my now husband...but we hated each other at the time we met...long story.