Question of the Day - August 24, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are approved to work one less day a week and still get paid the same. What day are you choosing to not work? If you are retired or don't work, pretend you do.

I already only work 4 days a week and it has made my mental health so much better having a 3 day weekend. I only work Tuesdays to Fridays, so if I were to have another day off, I think I would do Friday. I like having Monday off now because I can schedule a lot of doctor appointments on Mondays and it seems a lot of times Fridays have limited availability at doctor offices.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to have Friday off since I always said TGIF. Plus a 3-day weekend would be great.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Friday the weeks with a Monday holiday always seem really long to me. When I take a day off just to get a break, I always take Friday off.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would probably have taken Monday off. I was always pretty tired and worn out by Thursday and it would have been great to have it be the end of the week.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself once took his two weeks of vacation as alternate Mondays and Fridays. That meant every week was a four day week and every other weekend was a four day weekend. Plus people were never sure which Monday / Friday he would be at work or not so even when he was there things were rather quiet.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I worked at an outside job, I worked 6 days a week, so I would take either Saturday or Monday.
Now I am on call 24/7 as I take care of my 80yo mother (who lives with me)

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wednesday. That way I'd only have to work 2 days before getting a break. Plus, I could do the shopping and laundry with less crowds, and schedule any appointments. It seems as if a lot of places are crowded even on Monday and Friday.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What we need here is some thinking like a cat.

So, I found that five of the "floating" date holidays always fall on a Monday anyway. So, that's out.
From reading the responses, Friday seems the most popular, followed by Wednesday. So, they're out too, since the office will be nice and quiet on those days, and I'd like to be in it.

That leaves Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday, but I'd choose Tuesday not (just) because of this, but on those five occasions when Monday is a holiday, I'd get a four-day break.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Probably Monday. I hated going back to work on Monday after a weekend off.
Although taking off on Wednesday has its benefits. You work two days, have a day off, work two more days, then have the weekend.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t think I would care too much as long as DH is off too. We could do more family fun things. I have noticed a lot of fun places are closed Monday and Tuesday; so Friday is probably a better choice. I do like going when things are less busy too.