Question of the Day, Aug. 15th

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very simple question today:

How close do you live to your nearest relative.

I live about a mile from one of my nephews, about 3 miles from my sister. The rest are a bit further away but not by much. It's usually a good thing to live near family so you can help each other when needed and for emergencies.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cousin's son - my godson - lives in Brooklyn. He's a musician. We never see each other....very sad.....it's just that "busy life" thing.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom lives 5 blocks in one direction, DH's Mom and step-Dad live 6 blocks in another direction. Two of my brothers, 1 niece, & 3 nephews live within a 5 minute car ride. (DD lives across the alley, but that was a whole 'nother thread
) My oldest brother lives 3 hours south and my only sister lives 9 hours north. Very few aunts or uncles left, although 1 uncle is about 10 minutes away; most nieces, nephews, and cousins are spread all across the country.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see...

Everyone in my family, both sides, lives on the East Coast and I live on the West Coast. All but my brother live in NY and he lives in CT. So, what is that, a 5 hour plane ride? I miss them dearly. Well, not the ex's family who, thank goodness, live there too.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents live about 3 blocks away. I think it takes me less than 10 minutes to walk, maybe 2 to drive. I love living close by. My sister lives in California....we rarely get to see each other.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only 86 miles to one of my sisters in Seattle but it's never simple getting off the island, so it takes anywhere from 2 to 6+ hours and you need more than one mode of transportation.

air (30 min drive to airport, 60 min wait, 20 min flight)
floatplane (5 min drive, 30 min wait, 60 min flight)
driving/ferries (6+ hours)
clipper catamaran (5 min drive, 45 min wait, 160 min on boat)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Closest is my dad, 1/2 siblings and his wife they are 20 minutes away, but I have a sister who lives near my work an hour away that I see daily.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live about 8 miles away from my first cousin. We grew up as neighbors, so we are close in heart.