Question of the Day 3.20.14

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! Spring!

Well, my question is not spring related though. Sorry!

I am currently looking for another place to live.. a CoOp or a Condo. I have a list of "Must Haves" and "Nice to Have".. if I am buying, I want to be happy!

I must have an area to fit a dining table so I can actually have my family over for dinner. I must have a decent sized kitchen with plenty of counter and cabinet space.
I also must have big, cheery windows that allows plenty of sun in!
and, of course, a place that allows my kitties

If you were to move to another location.. house, apartment, whatever.. What's on your "Must Have" list?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Spring!

Well, my question is not spring related though. Sorry!

I am currently looking for another place to live.. a CoOp or a Condo. I have a list of "Must Haves" and "Nice to Have".. if I am buying, I want to be happy!

I must have an area to fit a dining table so I can actually have my family over for dinner. I must have a decent sized kitchen with plenty of counter and cabinet space.
I also must have big, cheery windows that allows plenty of sun in!
and, of course, a place that allows my kitties

If you were to move to another location.. house, apartment, whatever.. What's on your "Must Have" list?
Good energy savings.  Other than that and I'll have to see about my finances then, but I must have a private back yard with potential (if not finished).  I want a place that I can drink a cup of coffee outside and admire the scenery.  I want a pool too, but again I'll have to see about finances, potential, etc.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty mobile, being a student and all, so I don't have many expectations, but I think the following are my must-haves:

1) looks out less-trafficked area (so not facing a street, a parking lot or something similar). Woodlands with squirrels and birds to feed are best.

2) Plenty of natural light. I love natural light.

3) does NOT face the east or west, just because it gets really, really hot in the summer.

4) pet-friendly, obviously.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Two story large older house (circa late 1800s/early 1900s) with a front porch. (I don't care about décor as it can be changed). Old houses have character; they're not boxes. Not in the city or town
  • Lots and lots (and LOTS) of natural light in all rooms
  • A large cook's kitchen with plenty of storage, plenty of countertops, a dual-fuel range/oven (and I need plenty of room to roll out dough...perhaps a large island) with a separate dining room
  • Fireplace in the living room
  • At least 3 bedrooms (one to be a library/den/computer area)
  • Spacious master bathroom with separate shower and tub
  • Walk-in closet for the master bedroom
  • Plenty of room for storage
  • Plenty of outdoor space for gardening and flowers (pool optional, not necessary...we have an inground pool now and we hardly ever use it). An acre would be fine; you can do a lot with one acre
  • A large enclosed back porch
  • Rick would probably want central AC, I do not
Key is light, storage and room to breathe. And a kitchen I can cook in.

I don't want much, do I?

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are looking for a new house to rent. My must haves are at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The new baby will need a room and I am so sick of only having 1 bathroom. I'd love if it had an enclosed yard, a finished basement that I could turn into a toy room and the entrance is not in the kitchen. My last 2 houses have had the entrance in the kitchen and it drives me nuts. The dog goes outside and comes in and makes my kitchen a huge mess.

guaposmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As the mother of 6 children a master bathroom is worth more than gold to me.
Next a kitchen with enough countertop space for meal prep and plenty of cubboards for storage.
A main floor spacious laundry room.
Lots of natural light. I can't stand being in dimly lit places I love the sunshine.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Privacy, decent neighbors, not a lot of traffic, good-sized yard......

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with what everyone has said.. pretty good advice!

I had solar power installed a year ago, and I do wish my house had a better air-flow for cooling in Summer.  So energy sustainability would be a big one with me... Starting with orientation and going on from there.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm actually in the process of finding an apartment to move into. So here's my list:
  • Cat friendly, obviously 
  • Has a pool
  • Nice kitchen (if the kitchen is too small or hideous in design, it's out)
  • Dining area
  • Washer & dryer would be good, but I at least need connections 
  • No bugs  
  • Low crime rate