Question of the day, 2nd of May, 2021

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Casper (no longer with us) came to us with his name. He was rehomed to us by a friend and was already 8-1/2 so we certainly wouldn't change it. Not even sure why that was his name as I've asked my friend. His ex named him and he had long forgotten the reason. He wasn't all white (he was a cream and white bi-color tabby) so who knows what she was thinking.

We had a rough time naming our rescue. When we got her, she was underweight and rather petite under all her fur. After a couple of weeks, and batting around a ton of names, we settled on Cocoabean as it felt right for her coloring (black Tortie) and overall appearance. We mostly call her Bean though.

Last, our purebred Maine Coon needed a fancy name for her registration so we were keeping that in mind naming her. Her name came to us fairly fast, I think it was less than 2 days (up until then we were calling her Bat Girl as a joke because of her ears and she's a black cat). We both liked Luna, and then thought of Moonshadow as her second name. My husband stuck a royalty title on her too lol. So, She is Coonally Lady Luna Moonshadow but she's Googie to us. Lots of people ask us if the Moonshadow is from the Cat Stevens song. It isn't but in hindsight, it does make sense!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch was named for the comic strip Mutts. Mooch in the comic is a boy; but it fits her well too. Noodles is another character in the comic. She looked more like the character Sourpuss and fit Sourpuss personality wise; but I liked the name of the Noodles character better.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Astrid Cordelia Rose: Astrid Lindgren, Anne of Green Gables, and the plant.

Fennimore Strider Black: James Fenimore Cooper/ Fenn Rd, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter.

Simon Greystoke Thane: Firefly, Tarzan, and Beowulf.

Tara Lenore Tierney: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Edgar Allan Poe, and Gene Tierney

Freya Adaline Prynne: The Norse goddess, Adeline Rittershaus, The Scarlet Letter

Her Royal Highness, Evangeline Evaine Snow, Princess Piggy Piggy the Benevolent Ruler of All: She is the Benevolent Ruler of All and a princess, Longfellow's Poem, a variation of Yvaine, the Fallen Star in Stardust, and she likes to eat.

Cassian Pendragon Fox: Star Wars, King Arthur, and The X Files

Iroh Finnian Poe: Avatar The Last Air Bender, because he was dainty and the name means "little fair one," and Edgar Allan Poe. Technically, Iroh was supposed to be my son and daughter-in-law's cat, so when naming him, I gave her options to pick from. Had I been the sole person naming him, he would have been Horatio Finnigan Ash or Horatio Finnigan Poe, but Iroh suits him well. (They ended up taking Silas Endeavour Book instead, along with Willow Elizabeth Sage and Estella Flannery Thyme.)

Xanthippe Cressida Frost: Socrates's wife, Shakespeare, and a way to connect her to Evangeline (She is also a bit "frosty.")

Jasper Lysander Stark: Road to Avonlea, Shakespeare, and Game of Thrones

Iris Eleanor Jane: My favorite flower, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Jane Eyre

Juniper Calathe Niamh: The plant, The Witcher, and Irish Fenian Cycle

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Luci(fer)- because she's a little devil. Rebellious from the start with a desire to push the boundaries. We call her Luci for short, because it's a little more feminine and rolls of the tongue easier.
Pandora- sticking with the theme of "evils", we named this absolutely adorable face Pandora. She looks deceivingly innocent, but knows exactly how to utilize that at times. It also seemed very appropriate since she was originally found in a tiny box, taped shut on the side of the road (idk what's wrong with people!). Pandora's box, which she managed to escape out of.