Question of the day 1/1/2012

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy new year all!
My poor Dana is a hurtin' unit this morning.
Do you get hangovers? Know any good hangover cures?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy New Year! No hangover cures and no hangovers here. I think we went to bed around 2:30 or so.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy New Year, back atcha!!:wavey:

I think that Gatorade is a great thing to make a hangover livable. It's an awful feeling..... poor Dana. :( I usually immediately take ibuprofen in the morning and start guzzling the Gatorade. I maybe eat a banana. I have a craving for potassium the day after heavy drinking.

Hmmm. I drank alot of wine last night and was feeling pretty loopy when I got home, but I just realized I don't have a hangover this morning..... I had the Gatorade all ready and chilled in the fridge, too! LOL!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't normally get hangovers. I feel pretty hung over today though. I took a pill yesterday afternoon because my back was hurting. I took it on an empty stomach and that made me feel sick. I felt better in the evening and had some amaretto last night and ended up getting really dizzy.

I am still a little dizzy and not feeling great today. I took a gravol and its making me feel a bit better.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy New Year!! Lol, I was just going to start a thread about hangovers 
 . Great minds think alike. I've got a small one but DH is really hurting. Gatorade and ibuprofen is the best cure in my book (if you find a better one, please let me know!) There is also a pill they sell just for hangovers. I don't know what's in it and I've never tried it. The last thing I want to do when I have a hangover is get in the car and drive to the store. Of course, there's always "the hair of the dog...." 

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carbs. Lots of heavy booze soaking carbs. Like plain toast, bagels, pasta, potatoes etc. I too swear by gatorade. The best cure. A huge glass of water and tylenol before bed. Just don't pee the bed lol.....

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do get them sometimes. After my Halloween party was horrible!! Didn't have one for New Years, though I didn't drink too much (a beer, a shot of moonshine, Malibu and pineapple double, and a small glass of champagne). Probably good I didn't drink my intended bottle of premixed kamikaze!

No good hangover cures but I may need to write some down for future reference :lol3:

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't drink, so I guess it's impossible for me to get hangovers in the first place lol!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We very rarely drink so no hangovers here either. Had a bottle of wine in the fridge but neither of us felt like having it, so it's still there (probably for another year!)

I hate to admit it, but we were asleep by 10 p.m.   (real swingers!!!)

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually drink enough to get a hangover, but I do know some preventative measures! Drink a glass of water after every alcoholic drink - it slows you down and keeps you hydrated (dehydration from alcohol is a major contributor to hangovers). Also taking B12 supplements before and after drinking will help your body cope and recover.

Bottoms up!

Last edited:

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always make sure to drink water throughout the night, and then a large glass before bed. Then in the morning some ibuprofin, Gatorade and V8 Juice to drink, and usually some type of breakfast sandwich from Tim Hortons and cut watermelon. I don't go out pretty much at all anymore, so when I do I genrally feel pretty crummy the next morning 

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't have a hangover
All I had was 2 big glasses of champagne...