Question about wound after spaying

AlanOmery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, could you please give me some advice? My cat was spayed 8 days ago. Now her wound looks like this. I wouldn’t say that it’s bleeding a lot, but it has looked like this for several mornings in a row (photo attached). It gets better by the evening (I mean that it look less inflamed). It seems to be due to the stitches, but I'm not sure. My cat's behavior is perfectly fine—she is active and eating normally. However, I'm concerned because it's already been 8 days since the spaying, and the wound still looks open. Also, the veterinarian said that I don’t need to come again to remove the stitches.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello, have you provided this photo and your description of what is occuring to your vet? If possible, I would take her back in, as a follow-up they shouldn't charge you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AlanOmery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. Thank you for responding. Yes, I did provide a photo to the vet, but I haven't received any response. Now it seems that I have to take the cat to the vet. But it’s my first cat that was spayed, so I wasn’t sure if it’s okey or not.