Question About Kitten's Eye.

Issie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, one of my kittens had one eye close but the other shut for a couple of days. Then yesterday he opened the other eye and it seemed fine but now it's shut again today and the fur around it is all crusty. I took a damp, warm rag and kind of dabbed around it. It seems as if there might be some puss but I'm not completely sure. Is this a normal occurrence?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If there is pus its not good. Best is if you can get her to your vet. If its impossible, you can try with further treatment with damp warm rag, using saline water. If its not better, try with the antibiotica terramycine. In USA and some other countries its possible to get it OTC. Thay say Tractor supply uses to have it.

But one eye opening a little later, and there being some grunks is common. But pus - not good no.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Issie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay. Thank you very much. I didn't think it was good but I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. I'll contact my vet as soon as possible tomorrow.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good. During the time you wait for visit you can try again with this damp cloth, wetted with weakly saline water.