Question about kitten formula

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I have a friend who had a cat have a litter of 8 kittens. They turned 4 weeks old yesterday and 1 is significantly skinnier than the others and less playful. I told her she may want to supplement it a little with some replacement milk. She was wondering if she can use baby formula until she buys some? I've hand fed plenty of kittens, but have never used baby formula so I wasn't sure. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw on one kitten raising site that you can use baby formula, mixed double-strength (twices as much powder to the usual amount of water), in a pinch. It's not the best for long-term use but will do for now.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used baby formula - mixed it to give the kittens/cats heard it was

OK wanted to get rid of it.  KMR is the name of the formula You Need small tin runs

about 6.00 it's good for 3 daysish,  but you can freeze the rest in ice cubes

for later use.  If she can it's a good idea to deworm the mom plus kittens.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi everyone. I have a friend who had a cat have a litter of 8 kittens. They turned 4 weeks old yesterday and 1 is significantly skinnier than the others and less playful. I told her she may want to supplement it a little with some replacement milk. She was wondering if she can use baby formula until she buys some? I've hand fed plenty of kittens, but have never used baby formula so I wasn't sure. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
As said, powdered KMR is even better than the premixed.  Another alternative is goats milk, its also cheaper than KMR.