Question about embrace insurance

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Most pet insurance companies have that clause where you are creating a new policy if you change your coverage, eliminating coverage for previously treated conditions. Major health problems like diabetes or cancer will remain preexisting and not be covered, but minor conditions which might not be ongoing, such as a one-time eye infection might fall under the waiting period. I always advise people to pick the policy they want and never change it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In addition, I would go with the annual payment option if you can afford it. For my six year old, Betty, one year’s premium was cheaper than a vet visit. The annual increase on my first renewal was negligent: a few extra cans of food. They paid out last year far more than I expect to pay in over the rest of her life. In August, I look forward to requesting a records review and getting her vomit visits that prevents all her IBD costs from being covered stricken from her preexisting conditions. Even with that exclusion, her insurance is still a good deal.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have Fetch, formerly PetPlan, and it does go up more than a little every year. In six years I have only made two claims, which they did pay to a total of $500. My cat is 7 and doesn't have any health issues except genetically not great teeth.