Queening Cat

beckyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has had one kitten last night I'm not sure if that's all she is having. we live on a farm and she has had two litters already 3 and 4 kittens she wasn't as big this time however her tummy is still big and have contractions in her tummy. Her vagina doesn't look swollen anymore how can I tell if she is still pregnant she is meowing a lot and very affectionate. I wasn't with her this time unlike the other ones I'm so scared she doesn't seem to be in pain except for the meowing

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s difficult to say. She may have more. The contractions may have been post-birth after-pains. Wait and see.

Why not spay her so she enjoys life without having litter after litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s difficult to say. She may have more. The contractions may have been post-birth after-pains. Wait and see.

Why not spay her so she enjoys life without having litter after litter?
She is okay according to the Vet im getting her fixed in a few months this will be her last litter.. I let her have them because of pest on the farm and I wanted alot of yard cats I love them all just as much as her! Thank you

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is okay according to the Vet im getting her fixed in a few months this will be her last litter.. I let her have them because of pest on the farm and I wanted alot of yard cats I love them all just as much as her! Thank you
If you need hunting cats try to have contact with some shelters / rescue groups. There is always a big need for adoption homes - including places as farm cats. Also, there is always the occasional cat whom has difficult with litter try, and thus, cant be an inside cat... But being a barn cat it will do OK.

Not all these will be good hunters, but all these will be happy to live as barn cats with a friendly owner of the farm.