Queenie And Perry

perryandqueeny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, hope your having a wonderful day,

I recently had my cat (Perry) spayed and my other cat (female) who lived with an abuser for 1 year then found an Awesome man who treated her amazingly but she was unfortunately possibly abused there by someone else (I know this is confusing trust me it is a very involved sition with lots of things that are still very unknown), and then the amazing owner of her passed away and she was then abused until she found us. We have been trying are best to make this her home but the only problem is that she attacks, stocks,and sometimes chases down our perry, who was for a few days still under the effect of the anesthesia. I know I have been going on for a while, but the point is that I was wondering if anyone knew if this aggression would pass.

Attachments

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
What does she do when she gets to Perry? Are you sure she is being aggressive and not trying to get a game started?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And is there growling and hissing? Is fur ripped out?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. How long have you had the new cat? Did you do a "proper" introduction between her and Perry? If not, or even if you did and they don't get along, you may want to separate them again and do a re-introduction.

Here's some TCS articles with more info:
How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Introducing Cats To Cats

Also, thank you for taking the new cat into your home. Does she have a name yet? Hopefully, now that she's with you, she'll learn to trust humans again.

Here's another TCS article that might have some tips for you:
How To Help An Abused Cat Recover

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long did Perry and Queenie live together before you had Perry spayed? Or did you bring her in at the same time of Perry's spay?
Were they getting (at least sort of) along before you spayed Perry?