Queen Cat Doesn't Let Me Sleep

srnsuki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth a few days ago and I haven't slept very well because she has kept coming to my bed, jumping all over the place. She either brings her kittens (which I get anxious because I could literally squash them) or she starts meowing. I don't really know what to do. I can't either lock her in the bathroom cause she'll start yelling and trying to open the door. Same goes if I put her in another room. She isn't hungry or thirsty nor needs to pee or poo. What do you guys think?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she wants to be near you with her kittens. Can you make a bed on the floor and sleep next to them? She is seeking comfort and attention from you!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the above. Another alternative set up is you have her nest etc in your bedroom. This too should do the trick, her feeling you are near and helping out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

srnsuki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Y
I agree with the above. Another alternative set up is you have her nest etc in your bedroom. This too should do the trick, her feeling you are near and helping out.
Yeah well her nest was in my bedroom

srnsuki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Y

Yeah well her nest was in my bedroom
And she kept coming to my bed too ^_^
I guess we'll have to sleep on the floor hehe let's see how can I change her nest.

srnsuki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like she wants to be near you with her kittens. Can you make a bed on the floor and sleep next to them? She is seeking comfort and attention from you!
I could definetely try that. I'm not sure if she just wants the bed :D