QOTD: Tues. June 9 2009

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i hate the sun. lol.

i have to wear sunglasses during any type of daylight when im outside. If im out in the sun for too long without a hat i will get sun-sick ( a real bad migraine and nausea ) now dont get me wrong i love a day at the beach but i have to wear sunscreen and maybe stay out for an hour and then go in the shade and rotate like that throughout the day.

Never had any desire to tan. im pale and i like it. and i really see no need for the fake tanning stuff, like how some women are obsessed that they need to be tan, i totally dont get that, but hey to each his own

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am with you, cats4sky. I don't like the sun either, and went for years trying to avoid it as much as possible.
I am very pale and I like it that way, so I use spf 70 since I have to be outside all the time in my cab. I would rather drive nights, but DH thinks it is too dangerous for a woman to drive at night.
We lived in a house with a pool for 2 years, and I got heavily tanned then for some stupid reason. DH scolded me often since I am extensively tattooed and am normally so pale colors really pop in my skin. He said if I burned my color out, he would not fix it, but thankfully I did not do any damage.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to wear sunscreen. I am very fair skinned and will burn in an instant! Also, my grandma died of skin cancer so I have to be sun smart.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a bad complexion and skin cancer in my family, so I've been aware of sun damage for years. I've worn a moisturizer with SPF since my teenage years, but unfortunately when we were kids we were out all day in the sun getting burned and brown. So I have sun damage. I'm outside all day, so I always wear a hat, sunglasses (have to even in winter with my sensitive eyes) and sunblock. I do however tan easily and will always go brown as I can't be constantly reapplying the sunscreen!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wear sunscreen unless I plan to be out in full sun for extended periods of time.

I do tan, but I need to burn first. Usually once I tan, though, I don't need sunscreen b/c I tend to not burn after that.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear moisturizer with sunscreen everyday, in the summer I put it on my arms and neck to. I am very fair and burn easily.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care about a tan - yes it would be nice to be brown but my health is SO much more important then looking good. I wear sun screen

I never used to though and used to get burnt to a crisp - let's hope that this didn't affect me.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am working, it is outside from sunrise to sunset and I have to use sunblock 70, even then I get a major farmers tan
! I do what I love, work outdoors with plants and garden design, and I know I will probably pay the price when it comes to sun damage eventually........

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I don't care about a tan - yes it would be nice to be brown but my health is SO much more important then looking good. I wear sun screen
I wear sunscreen everyday, it's just part of my routine.