Pure Torture at Petco

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Earlier today, we mosied over to the local Petco because we wanted to pick up one of those Turbo Trak toys (which Si currently thinks is the best thing in the world!).

But they have two 7mo old male rescues (from a hoarder that was busted here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area a few months ago) and although they are both orange tabbies - one of the males is the deepest orange I've ever seen and he's a bullseye.  Just gorgeous!  His brother is a little more muted orange and a spotted tabby.  They won't adopt them out separately since they've been together since they were born so that ruled us out *sad, sad face*

But if anyone is looking to adopt in the Denton, TX area - you might just find two that will steal your hearts at the Denton Petco on I-35.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's why I have both Sugar and Spice. They are inseparable, sometimes I think they are one cat with two heads, two tails and eight legs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had we not already had Si, and of course not wanting to introduce another kitten so soon - much less two, they would have been both scooped up
     I totally understand keeping them together & hope they find their forever home real soon.  

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why did you say pure torture at petco? i thought you was going to post they was abusing them or something:/ to bad you cant get them and i hope they find a good home

Last edited:

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was torture not to scoop them up no matter the adoption fees -- but I need longer than the instant I saw them, the 10min I spent talking to the young rescue lady about their lives/circumstances & the 5min the DH would allow me to plead my case to go from a 0 pet household for the last 9yrs to a 3 cat household in a matter of a month

Last edited:

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could argue that the longer your kitty stays as the only one the harder to introduce another down the road.  :)

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I believe he's coming around to that understanding.  I do feel fortunate that having gone from him not knowing a thing about a cat in general to claiming everything funny Si does as being "Daddys Boy" is a huge step to at least kitten number 2 sooner than later

You could argue that the longer your kitty stays as the only one the harder to introduce another down the road.  :)