Protecting Touch Buttons From Lani And Mochi

aolani

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi... I bought a wine fridge which has touch buttons to control the temp and light. This morning, Lani turned the light on and then started to try to change the temperature. Mochi immediately followed by turning the light off. How do you guys protect touch buttons from your babies without it looking unslightly with tape and cardboard?

On a side note, when I bought my desk which also has touch button height controls, I came home and found that they went for a joy ride on it. Fortunately, I found the locking switch. The wine fridge does not have a lock switch. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aolani

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe post a pic of the fridge. If we see it we might be able to offer better suggestions.
Thanks Susan, I will do that when I get home from work.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes products like these have keyboard lock modes, or safety locks to disable control panel changes. Have you checked the wine fridge manual?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aolani

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
5928A038-99B0-4F6A-81EC-4D5FD7027F93.jpeg

Sometimes products like these have keyboard lock modes, or safety locks to disable control panel changes. Have you checked the wine fridge manual?
Yes, I checked the manual. Unfortunately, no lock function. Here’s the picture requested by Susan. The buttons are at the perfect height for them to paw at when standing on their hind legs. Lani did it accidentally at the beginning but when it kept beeping when she pressed it, Mochi caught on and started to press them. It’s reflective, as you can see... so their reflection attracts them even more. :climbcat:

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If the fridge is metal, you might be able to use some kind of magnetic item to cover the buttons. If not add a few tabs of Velcro and find something the right size you can attach with it to cover the buttons but be removable when need to access them. Another option is to find large plastic washers and stick one over each button so that if the cat pawed at it they wouldn’t be able to depress the button.