Property Tax

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to the tax collectors office this morning and paid our property tax for the year. We told the cats that if they want to continue living in their house they should chip in and pay their share of the taxes. All 3 looked at us, yawned, and then went back to sleep . I want to come back as a cat the lives in our house!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We went to the tax collectors office this morning and paid our property tax for the year. We told the cats that if they want to continue living in their house they should chip in and pay their share of the taxes. All 3 looked at us, yawned, and then went back to sleep . I want to come back as a cat the lives in our house!
I hear you!  If our cats had to pay a proportionate percentage of the taxes based on how much space they use, they'd be paying ALL of our property taxes!  

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually tell the kitties after taking the rent check to the rental office that I got the rent paid and we can stay another month.  I get the same reaction from them.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
 I usually tell the kids something like that when we come home from grocery shopping on Monday nights. "Well, guys, you're going to eat for another week anyway!" 

And on Wednesday nights after cleaning their litter boxes, Rick says, "OK, you can pee in comfort for a day now!"

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@ kookycats , My mother-in-law says the same thing. She says I am going to come back as your cat. I told her there are rules.  You must greet me at the door, you must sleep with me and you must bat your eyes at the vet and be well behaved while they are examining you.  She agreed that she could follow all those rules.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

@ kookycats , My mother-in-law says the same thing. She says I am going to come back as your cat. I told her there are rules.  You must greet me at the door, you must sleep with me and you must bat your eyes at the vet and be well behaved while they are examining you.  She agreed that she could follow all those rules.
Hahaha, that's good!   I have a waiting list of friends and family who want to come back as one of my cats in their next life.  

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here they put nice 50% extra to my tax and as that was not enough they made new tv-tax too even I don't have a TV I have to pay it and it is more than my property tax!

So my year's income before taxes is going to be around 9000, then I had to pay those new taxes and some extra taxes so that they total around 5000, that is not all taxes, food has tax of 14% most stuff have tax of 24%, so I guess that is close to 1000 to taxes even it is already in price tag, it is still a tax.
That would mean that this year I pay 6000 taxes from 9000 income if all taxes are taken into account, that is almost 67% total taxation,

1kg of pasta is 1.45€ at local market, so our prices are not very cheap, 6 cans of market brand (felix/latz) cat food is 6€.

Still getting by, day by day, I do wonder how on earth they still manage to mess up our economy with this high taxes, it is completely incomprehensible.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I knew that taxes in Europe were steep but I didn't realize they were that much.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

I usually tell the kids something like that when we come home from grocery shopping on Monday nights. "Well, guys, you're going to eat for another week anyway!" 

And on Wednesday nights after cleaning their litter boxes, Rick says, "OK, you can pee in comfort for a day now!"
I always say to them, "For your peeing and pooping pleasure, Sir/Madame." I think this came from seeing those white, "sanitized for your pleasure" bands on public toilets. Haven't seen one in years, though!