Progress

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I had my oncologist appt today. My blood counts have now "recovered" so my restrictions have been removed and I have been discharged from them and will now be followed by my neurologist. I can now eat raw veggies from restaurants (can you say salsa and guacamole?), go to the gym, take ibuprofen if I have pain (Tylenol is so useless!) and generally do as I like.

I discussed the fact that I still basically feel like poo. I also have lost another 3 pounds since last Wed's appt. They said that my tastebuds may take another 3-6 weeks to recover and to just keep trying to eat as much high calorie and protein rich food as I can. They also recommended using plastic utensils because metal ones can make the food taste bad to some people. I tried to eat Mexican food after my appt, but only got about 25% of it down. Frustrating.

In other news, I am having a new flare up of the disease I am trying to extinguish. I spent most of yesterday crying about it, as I only had "2 good weeks" during which I felt lousy otherwise and it just doesn't seem fair. However, after some more research, I learned that flare ups are very common, and I can now begin using some of my old treatments, and hopefully they will work better and gradually the myasthenia will fade with time. So, I am trying to be a brave soldier, and a patient one, and we will see what happens. Seems I could still use vibes....

Thanks for the support through all of this. It has really helped. I'm planning to start back at the gym in a few days, as it will be good to see my workout buds, even if I can't do much at first. I think getting into my "life routine" is the best plan now. The rest will happen in its own time.

Thanks again!!!!

Cally

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, thanks for checking in. I was thinking about you today and was going to send a PM asking how you're doing. Well, I guess there's some good and some not so good, but it seems like overall things are still improving. I think it's a great idea to start getting back into your normal routine, that in itself should make you feel more normal, and therefore more better! (yep, more better.
)

I hope your taste and appetite comes back too so you can enjoy your fresh veggies and high calorie/protein stuff!

Continued vibes coming your way..

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you're well enough to be released by the oncologist. That's great progress! I'm thinking the good cry was therapeutic as well and probably much needed. Think baby steps and celebrate even the tiniest victories and improvements.

Does this mean you get to eat unlimited amounts of ice cream? That's stuff loaded with calories!

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I could give you a big hug.

I will light a candle for you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's good to hear things are looking "up"! Lots of for a return of your appetite and no more flare-ups.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that things are starting to improve for you hun,more vibes coming your way.xxx

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear the good news and sorry about the bad. Food used to taste terrible to me also. Are you having trouble with your fingertips. I always had a problem buttoning my blouses and putting on a watch while on chemo. Wondered if you had this problem also. Feel better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fingers in general are very weak. I drop everything. I was just writing a quick "thank you" note and my handwriting looks like a chicken scratched it out. Sigh...

I'm going to drive today for the first time. Have an appt. to see about my dry eyes, which are driving me crazy. I had problems before, but nothing like now. The onco said the chemo probably complicated them. Niiiiiiice.

Going to split a salad from Chili's with dh for lunch. Hope I can eat my whole half! My first lettuce in nearly a month--I am excited.

Thanks for the continued support!

Cally

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Cally.... I'm glad and disappointed all at the same time. I'm so sorry you're now learning about the flare-ups - but I'm hoping that's all they are and of course I'm glad for the good news! I'm sending heaps of hugs and lots of vibes for your continued improvement. !!!!!