Prince's Odd New Favorite Spot To Lie

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's the strangest thing in the sense I've never seen him lay here between the dresser and foot of the bed. He's been there several times over the last few days when he's usually in the living room on the castle tree, or on the flat tree stand in the bedroom, or the cat tree near the desk. Or, if nothing else, on the ground where the sun comes through the window

Is there something happening behavior-wise here or what? Though, Nikita will sometimes go here too, but to sniff the bottom drawer where the cat toys are. One of which has a catnip infused mouse, but I don't see how that would affect Prince, he has never shown an interest or reaction
1531274943848225714743.jpg
in catnip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also I've often noticed, on a different subject, when he's laying down and I start petting him he makes almost a bubbly groaning sound almost similar to a trill.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Cats choose where the like to lie down to sleep. They may look like they like that spot but after sometime, they may switch spot. It may still be their favorite spot by the dresser and they may have another favorite spot or two elsewhere.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It may be cooler there. Or maybe he spotted a bug there one day, and keeps going back expecting to see it again.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
My Big Guy can get a little bubbly when he's purring sometimes. He's been a lifelong drooler and some days it seems to get mixed in, so to speak, with his purring action.
Is that at all what's going on with your boy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, not really drooling, I meant bubbly in the sense of sound effect. It's hard to describe

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seems like a perfectly logical spot: it smells like you because its by your bed, dresser and laundry hamper. It is a little cooler down on the floor. And his back is to the wall with an escape route under the bed.

One of my guys almost never meows, but he will occasionally make sounds like a cross between a purr and someone smacking their gum.