Preventatives

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Wipes can be bought online for keeping the eye lid and lashes clean
Best to avoid styes or chalasions.

I do body weight training to avoid getting osteoporosis
No more dumbells or intense cardio. Too many injuries.
Strong legs will help with back pain which I no longer have!

Please add any more suggestions!

Last edited:

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Keep your muscles strong. I'm dealing with rheumatoid arthritis in my spine. Got things under control with natural stuff. Make sure you drink Propel an electrolyte replacement. It tastes good.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bunch. I take multi vitamins as well as other vitamins for specific things like heart and eye health. I visit the doctor, eye doctor and dentist at least annually and also get my mammogram. I exercise every other day to keep my arms and legs strong. I also make a point to get down on the floor at least once a day so that can practice getting up. I don’t want to wait until I fall to find out I can’t any more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep your muscles strong. I'm dealing with rheumatoid arthritis in my spine. Got things under control with natural stuff. Make sure you drink Propel an electrolyte replacement. It tastes good.
I love propel! Grape flavored
I am hoping the body weight training will help prevent that.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and in the nicer weather speed walk. Most of all, I try to stay active and keep moving. :walk:In addition, it helps to have a positive attitude instead of whining or complaining about every little thing.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To those who have sedentary jobs/lifestyles...get up and move. Neck pain, hip pain, back pain (upper and lower), shoulder pain, numbness or tingling in arms, headaches, knee pain, cramps in legs...I could go on....can all be (at least partially) prevented by simply getting up and moving. The human body was not meant to sit at a computer/desk or look down and play with a phone all day. As the old saying goes...."Use it or Lose it!"

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pay attention to your sleep, and sleep quality. My sleep absolutely sucks and I'm paying for it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
To those who have sedentary jobs/lifestyles...get up and move. Neck pain, hip pain, back pain (upper and lower), shoulder pain, numbness or tingling in arms, headaches, knee pain, cramps in legs...I could go on....can all be (at least partially) prevented by simply getting up and moving. The human body was not meant to sit at a computer/desk or look down and play with a phone all day. As the old saying goes...."Use it or Lose it!"
One of the nice things about my Fitbit is that I have it set to remind me to get at least 250 steps in every hour for 9 hours, starting at 9 am and going until 6 pm. I always get more steps than that, so I'm moving every hour during that time. And since, I am not yet walking outside, I go down and up our basement steps many times a day, just to get floors. Rick says I'm going to start walking paths in our carpet, if I don't soon get outside.

Sleeping used to be a problem for me, but really isn't any longer. The girls don't get us out of bed until around 7:00 for breakfast. I may stay up until midnight or so, but most of the time, I sleep well once I go to sleep.

Multi-vit, vit D, calcium, biotin, a probiotic every day. That's in addition to my scripts. I'm working to keep my BP, sugar, and cholesterol under control; my last bloodwork was really good. Pro Lia every six months.

I know it won't stop a heart attack or stroke, but I do what I can.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
If I don't use an inversion table every day, my back really hurts. My acupuncturist recommended getting one and it is great! I also have a far-infrared TDP lamp which helps with aches and pains. Also gets rid of any infection. I love that lamp and those six people to whom I have given lamps for presents have some great stories about it, too.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
This has nothing to do with health. If you freeze ground meat,use a rolling pin to flatten it to make room. Idea from fb