Preterm loss. Support and advise?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Semicrazycatlady99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Since everyone wanted to see me :p Here I am, beautiful as ever. My mama still won’t sit still for long enough to have a picture with me. My grandma keeps trying but for now you just gotta obsess over me instead 😁❤ Look at my eyes! I can see my mama and my milk bottle too! Love the milk bottle! Mama has to hide up on the bed from me. There’s no running from me now that I can use those paws! (I’ll figure out jumping in a few weeks. Just gimme some time)
Grandma and grandad are wondering if I’ll be fluffy like my mama or if I’m going to be a silky short hair beauty. Time will tell ❤

Attachments

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Since everyone wanted to see me :p Here I am, beautiful as ever. My mama still won’t sit still for long enough to have a picture with me. My grandma keeps trying but for now you just gotta obsess over me instead 😁❤ Look at my eyes! I can see my mama and my milk bottle too! Love the milk bottle! Mama has to hide up on the bed from me. There’s no running from me now that I can use those paws! (I’ll figure out jumping in a few weeks. Just gimme some time)
Grandma and grandad are wondering if I’ll be fluffy like my mama or if I’m going to be a silky short hair beauty. Time will tell ❤
Oh my goodness. You writing it as her saying it made it that much better!!!!! She is such a cutie. I love her so much! Thank you ao much for the pictures and every update you provide.

Sounds like here soon she will be on the move and she will be just go go go non stop lol

Semicrazycatlady99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness. You writing it as her saying it made it that much better!!!!! She is such a cutie. I love her so much! Thank you ao much for the pictures and every update you provide.

Sounds like here soon she will be on the move and she will be just go go go non stop lol
Haha though you guys might enjoy a post from little lady 😁 She’s so so loved. Everyone is smitten with her. We have so much fun watching her waddle around. She’s the sweetest little thing ❤

Semicrazycatlady99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Weight update. Little nugget is back to gaining weight!
I started feeding 2-3 times a day just to supplement but every time I offered milk the baby was starving and emptied the syringe in about 3 seconds. I started feeding roughly every 4hrs (not including overnight. I do last feed at midnight and then about 8am, so probably 5 feeds per 24hrs). Still 10ml (which compared to kitten lady’s guide is still less than what a 3 week old should be supplemented but I was hoping maybe Poppy was offering those extra couple of ml). This has been working very very well ❤ Maybe too well? 🤔😂 Baby has gone from 297g to 396g since Wednesday morning (that’s 100g in 5 days). It has a healthy looking belly, lots of energy, excited for every feed. I did think to slow down and do every 6hrs or cut one feed out but when I was running late I got a huge telling off when I did come with the milk. Baby was angrily crying and scratching at my feet to get up and eat. Anyway, all in all, we’re back to enjoying our little one, worrying a lot lot less. She/he is developing so well. I’ve seen the little nugget run chasing after mama. So alert, so inquisitive and so so cute ❤ Poppy knows the drill now too. As soon as we open the door she knows it’s time for a little walk around the house while I feed little one. Then I let her back in and give her lots of love ❤

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Fantastic news! Keep feeding! She weighs almost 14 ounces and needs to weigh 16 ounces at 4 weeks, which is coming up, so keep up the feedings. She’s growing rapidly and must continue to gain about 4 ounces every week so she gains another pound per month — i.e. 2 pounds at 8 weeks; 3 pounds at 12 weeks; and so forth. It will get easier in another week or two when she begins her soft foods on her own.

I love how she darn well lets you know she’s hungry! Little precious rascal!

Semicrazycatlady99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!
Little baby update!
Fluffy has now been weaning since Tuesday. She’s loving her wet food! I’ve been mushing her wet food up and mixing it with kitten formula. It’s a hit! She’s now about 580-600g (hard to tell when all she wants to do is jump off the scale and run around). She’s a real menace. Keeps us up all night, biting our toes and clawing at our arms and back trying to climb. She’s an absolute sweetheart though and gives the best cuddles and kisses. I’m currently sitting and watching her eat because otherwise she won’t :/ Hope that’s a little quirk that will go away soon!
We had a little tummy ache scare yesterday so I took her to the vet. They gave her some painkillers and some worming paste. She didn’t eat for 24hrs but now calling for food non stop. I tried to offer milk again thinking it’d be better for her tummy but she refused and cried until I gave her the fishy wet food :D
All in all, she’s a good girl, very energetic, very loud and very funny 😂❤

PS. She wakes me up every morning by chewing on my hair and trying to dig her way under my pillow.

Attachments