Premature Kittens... Need Help

TrashcanFreii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, my cat gave birth to two kittens, but both weren't done forming... The second one looked as though it's stomach exploded. We immediately disposed of both of them, and the second one came a few hours after the first one. I'm afraid to go to sleep for fear she'll have another one, and I'm not sure if the others will make it... If anybody could give me advice, I'd be very grateful... And also, this is her first time being pregnant, and she has only been in heat about 3 or 4 times.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All you can do is watch her, for now. I'm so sorry you and your cat are going through this. It's been awhile. Anything new?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It happens sometimes that cats miscarry due to infection, genetic abnormalties, etc.

Do you think she is still pregnant?

Has she been vetted recently? Vaccines given during pregnancy frequently cause miscarriages and birth defects.

I'm sorry this is happening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TrashcanFreii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not sure if she's still pregnant, but she has a small lump in her stomach so my guess is yes. She's been acting normal, but more affectionate. It may have been caused because my male cat is young too, and when he was around 4 months my step father accidentally stepped on him. He got a lump in his stomach, but is now perfectly fine but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she might still have a kitten in her tummy.

Do you plan to neuter your male cat?